Saturday, December 29, 2012

Screeching Halt

And He said to them, “ I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven". (Luke 10:18, NLT)

Yesterday, my family and I took stand up paddle lessons. A stand up board is similar to a surf board except it is longer and wider. For momentum, a paddle is used in a similar manner as when paddling a canoe while the boarder is standing up.

Our instructor was excellent and she had us paddling within minutes. After paddling for a short time, I felt so confident I was ready to paddle outside the buoys and go fast! The weather was beautiful, the water was so clear I could see to the bottom, and the tropical breezes were making for a perfect day. I saw tropical fish, turtles and a whale. I was gliding through the water like a boss having a wonderful time when, quite unexpectedly, the fin of my board hit a reef. Instantly, my board came to a screeching halt. I however, did not. I catapulted off my board and landed partially on my board and partly on the reef with a big, "Ummmph!" All the sudden, I became very thankful for the seat-belts in my car and wished I had had one on my board.

I caught my breath and surveyed the damage. My foot was bleeding so I paddled back in. Once back at shore, I saw I had a small knick on my left hand, bruised my foot, and had ripped the skin off several places on the ball of my foot.

While I was washing the sand off at the shower, ("licking my wounds"...add a little whine because I was hurt) I thought, "That's exactly how the enemy attacks us at times." We are going about our lives, having a great time, when all the sudden...Ummmph!

But then the Lord brought to my remembrance, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." (Luke 10:18, NLT) Even though I was still bleeding at the shower, even though my hand and foot was still hurting, my spirit leaped! And I corrected myself and said, "No, this is how we wrestle not with flesh and blood!" I will explain.

For we are not wrestling against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12, NLT)

As we speak God's living, powerful Word, we catapult ourselves into His perfect plan for us! (Hebrews 4:12) His plan for us is perfect because He is perfect!

As we, put on God’s whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], we successfully stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil. (Ephesians 6:11, AMP)

With every faith filled word we speak, the enemy's schemes experience a great big Ummmph!

An easy qualifier is:
When we speak negatively, it's death.
When we speak positively, it's life.
(Deuteronomy 30:19, Matthew 12:37, Proverbs 6:2)

But, we mustn't waver. (James 1:6)
We cannot say:
By His stripes I was healed! (Isaiah 53:5)
But I don't feel healed.
God works all things out for my good! (Romans 8:28)
Things don't look good.
I walk by faith and not by sight! (2 Corinthians 5:7)
I don't see how this can ever work out.

That's division. (James 1:6)

I believe God's Word is so powerful, at times it takes our circumstances a little while to catch up to that power. (James 1:5). That's why we hold fast to our confession and waver not. He is faithful! (Hebrews 10:23)

Just like the bruising on my foot, I will allow my flesh (current circumstance) time to "catch up" with God's Word. God's Word never fails. (Isaiah 55:11, 1 John 5:15) Even though it is currently bruised and requires bandaging, (not where I want to be) I will continue to keep my mouth under submission only saying, "Like I've been saying, By His stripes I have been healed and made whole." (Where I want to be.) Imitating my Father. (Ephesians 5:1, Romans 4:17)

His Word can be applied to every circumstance because nothing is impossible to Believers. (Mark 9:23)

Every day:
find "your" scripture
keep your confession
don't waver

Delivering an Ummmph to the negative situation and praising God as He turns it around for your good!

Many of you have written me. I know many have had a hard week, month and some, a very hard year. Today, you are one day closer to victory than you were yesterday. Next week, you will be one week closer to victory than you were this week. Don't give up now. (Galatians 6:9)


Father God, in the name of Jesus, I ask for every reader to allow the eyes of their hearts be enlightened in how to refuse to be divided and hold tight to their confession catapulting their life into excessive abundance, know the hope of Your calling, and walk in the riches of Your glorious inheritance! (Ephesians 1:18, John 10:10) I pray love and kindness never leave them as they bind them around their necks finding favor with You and man. (Proverbs 3:3, 4) And when they've done all to stand, stand! (Ephesians 6:13)
















No comments:

Post a Comment