Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Rock

The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. (Psalm 18:2, NLT)

This morning I woke up with a song on my heart.

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand!
All other ground is sinking sand.

In the nineties, I lived in Alaska. I didn't yet understand Alaska weather and never fathomed the amount of ice and snow I was about to encounter. I didn't have an Alaska car. I drove a cute, little, red, 5 speed on the floor, sports car.

And then...winter came. And when winter came. Oh. My. Goodness.

My transmission consistently froze up and was very difficult to shift. One night, after working really late and while leaving work, my car slowly slid around in the parking and the front bumper of my car lodged up against a large rock. The rock was half as tall as my car. I had slid so slowly that there was no damage to my car. All I needed to do was put my car in reverse, back up, turn around, and drive home.

It was cold. It was dark. It was an area where a half dozen moose could be seen every day. Did you know, moose can be very angry creatures? The news had just reported a woman had been mauled by a bear. I was tired. I hadn't lived there long enough to know anyone to call for help. My transmission was frozen and would not go in reverse. I had all gears...except reverse.

I felt so desperate. I walked around my car looking for a way to push it away from the rock so I could drive forward and go home. I had dress boots on and kept slipping on the ice and snow. I pushed and slid and slid and pushed. The parking lot was empty. I was alone. I got back in my car and with all my strength, I could not force the gear into reverse.

I repeated this scenario many times until I was in tears. I said, "God, what am I going to do?"

I walked around my car again, put one of my feet on the ground (The same ice and snow was still there. And I was still wearing the same slippery boots.) and one foot on the big rock. I gently pushed my car and almost effortlessly moved the car enough to drive it forward and go home.

The Lord spoke to me and said, "See what you can do when your foot is on The Rock?"

Every condition was the same, except, I cried out to God for help. I was really young in the Lord at that time. It was a life changing moment for me. In the cold, dark, icy parking lot, where there were real possibilities of threats, feeling desperate and being alone, after I had tried and tried in my own strength, trying to force the gears, scared from news reports, and having no one to call, God showed me:

He is:

  • My Rock!
  • My fortress!
  • My Savior!
  • He is my Shield!
  • The Power that saves me!
  • My place of safety! (Psalm 18:2, NLT)


He did His part and He enabled me to do my part. (James 2:17 and 2 Corinthians 1:21)

When:

  • Life seems cold and dark.
  • You've heard the threats, tried with all your strength, and have been slipping.
  • You are tired, have no one to call, and you feel desperate.
  • An obstacle in your life seems frozen.
  • You haven't been able to back up and turn around.


Ask Him what to do. (Matthew 7:7)
He will show you. (Jeremiah 33:3)
Do what He shows you. (James 1:22)
Keep your "foot on The Rock". (Psalm 18:2)

He does it for me, He'll do it for you! (Romans 2:11)

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand!
All other ground is sinking sand.

My prayer for every reader today is to keep our foot on the Rock and come into the knowing that He is the Power that saves us! He is our place of Safety! I declare all negative situations for every reader today be reversed in the name of Jesus! For it is not by might nor by power but by His Spirit! And I declare 2013 to be your best year ever in all areas of your life, in the name of Jesus!

(Psalm 18:2, Job 22:28, Zechariah 4:6, John 14:14)

Please speak this out loud and make this your confession! (Mark 11:23, Matthew 23:37)

I keep my foot on the Rock! I know that I know You, God, are the Power that saves me! You are my place of safety! I thank You, Father, that every negative situation in my life is reversed, in the name of Jesus! It is not by my might, nor by my power but by Your Spirit! I believe and receive, 2013 to be my best year ever in every area of my life, in the name of Jesus! I thank You for it Father, You are good and your mercy endures forever! Thank You for working all things out for my good, I love You Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment