Thursday, December 27, 2012

Stand back to back...AND conqueror!

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! (Galatians 5:22, 23)

I woke up today with another song on my heart!
This joy that I have, the world didnt give to me, ooh ooh!
This joy that I have, hey hey hey, the world didn't give to me!
OH this joy that I have, the world didn't give to me, the world didn't give it,
and the world can't take it away, oh yeah!

Do you know who can take our joy away? Only who we allow.

Did you also know, we can take scripture and personalize it for our specific situation?

Before we go to bed at night, we can find a scripture that fits our needs for the next day. First thing in the morning, when our eyes pop open, immediately begin meditating on that scripture. And meditate on it all day long.

For example, we know we have a lot of errands to run with our kids in tow. And we know, that requires joy as well as all the fruit of the spirit! (Galatians 5:22, 23)

So we prepare ourselves the night before:

Father God, I thank you for Your Holy Spirit producing fruit in my life! I praise You for love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22, 23)

Next morning, eyes pop open, meditate on it again!

Faced with an irritable husband on his way to get his blood drawn for a second time because he didn't finish all his medication. SING! "I've for that joy-joy-joy-joy down in my heart! Where? Down in my heart! Where?...everybody sing!"

*Disclaimer: This did not happen at my house. I'm just saying, it could happen under certain circumstances.*

When we are on our 3,928th errand for the afternoon and our kids smack each other, let the best man (or kid in this case) win. Survival of the fittest! Why? How? Because we have maintained our joy!

If we encounter a cranky cashier in the checkout line, smile and shout, "Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy!" (Psalm 47:1) Be led on that one so security doesn't get involved. Do not ask me how I know.

If your flesh screams, "But I don't feel like it." Answer back with, "Big woo." (Thank you Dr. Larry Ollison.) Walk in authority over your flesh. Tell it, "You turn that frown upside down right now in the name of Jesus!"
Our kids don't feel like cleaning their room either but we enforce that. Do some flesh enforcing!

Take every thought captive and override the current situation with scripture. (2 Corinthians 10:5)

"Father God, I thank you for Your Holy Spirit producing fruit in my life! I praise You for love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."(Galatians 5:22, 23)

Write it on a card if need be and pull it out in case of emergency!

And when we find ourselves really struggling, we call a friend. Not to complain and go into great detail about our struggle de'jour (that's Okie for dujour) but to say, "I've been bombarded today, please speak the Word over me and agree in prayer with me." (Luke 17:1, Hebrews 4:12, Ecclesiastes 4:12) Email us at Key Tov Blog, we are happy to pray in agreement with you! Or join us on our FB page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whatsoever-Things-are-of-Good-Report/123471901011836

Whatever means work for you, do not stand alone!




A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:12, NLT)






No comments:

Post a Comment