Friday, December 21, 2012

Moving On

The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. (Psalm 37:23, NLT)

Earlier this year and quite out of the blue...I kept "seeing" Oahu. I would be busy about my day and the picture would pop up in my spirit. It was a picture of the map of Oahu.

Right after I started consistently "seeing" Oahu, my oldest child started talking about and listing all the reasons we should move to Oahu. It was mostly said in jest with a little bit of seriousness. I didn't share with her, or anyone else, what I had been seeing.

Several weeks later, and almost last minute (I believe it was about three days prior) I received notification about a special healing service being held on Oahu by an evangelist. My spirit jumped and I knew I needed to be there. Initially I had a concern about being able to make late travel arrangements and inter-island airfare had been between $100.00 and $300.00 but discovered online flights were only $69.00. I called Mike, asked his opinion, and he immediately told me to go.

While researching travel arrangements (air, car, etc), my nine year old woke up and told me she had a dream. She said she dreamed, "we moved to Oahu". I found the dream and the timing very interesting.

I went to the service and it was a very powerful service. A man who could hardly walk with his cane, stood upright and walked very quickly across the platform without the cane! A little ten year old girl who had been deaf from birth, received her hearing!

A pastor prophesied over me that we would return to Oahu. That I have "radical faith", Mike and I are "pillars, and God was bringing us full circle, back to Oahu."

A couple months later, Mike started tossing around the idea of us going to Oahu to work. I told him we would do whatever we needed to do and I knew he would make the best decision for our family.

I didn't share any of this with anyone except my spiritual mom. I told her because I wanted prayer agreement. I didn't discuss it with Mike because I didn't want to influence him one way or another. I simply wanted God to work on our behalf. It is my heart's desire to be exactly where God wants us to be and when He wants us to be there. I trust His timing to be perfect. I wanted this move (or the decision not to move) to be all of God and none of me.

Last month, the final decision was made and everything is in place. We depart very soon and will be posting Bible Studies from Oahu! Currently, we are unsure if this is a permanent move or only for a season. We wait on Him! (Psalm 27:14)

Please continue to pray for us and Key Tov Blog as we embrace this wonderful and exciting adventure as He directs our steps!






No comments:

Post a Comment