Tuesday, December 11, 2012

911


For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. (Psalm 91:11, NKJV)

Yesterday, I had a lengthy conversation with my oldest child, Cortni. She was with her youngest child who was home from preschool because she had been sick the night before. We made Christmas plans and plans for an upcoming shower we are giving for our friend. 

During our conversation, my phone battery ran down so I plugged in my phone and turned it off to charge. While my phone charged, I gathered things together to take my youngest children for an afternoon on the beach. Suddenly, God dropped in my spirit, “Pray for your kids.” I immediately prayed for all my kids.

Once I turned my phone back on, Cortni told me after she and I had gotten off the phone, she heard someone attempt to open her door by rattling the door knob. Thankfully, the door was locked.

Cortni ran to the baby’s room. Not wanting to overreact, she called Ryan thinking it may be him coming home from school and maybe he forgot his house key. But it wasn’t him, he was at an appointment. He hung up and immediately dialed 911. Cortni heard the door rattle again.

Thank God for the police department!

Thankfully the police arrived very quickly. While she was waiting, she received two phone calls from dispatch insuring she was ok. The police interviewed the neighbors but wasn’t able to find the person who tried to enter Cortni’s home.

Cortni and I discussed what possibly turned the would be intruder away. I said, “I would not be surprised if the person was met by a huge warrior angel!”

She said, “Funny you say that. When I went to bed, I had to control my thoughts on a serious level. I fell asleep with a vision of angels surrounding my house with their arms linked together not allowing any space between them to let anything in.”

Praise God for providing us with our very own angelic security system!




No comments:

Post a Comment