Thursday, December 20, 2012

Flying Solo

Last week, I took several inter-island flights. I flew from Kauai to Maui and from Maui to the Big Island.

Generally when I fly, I fly alone or Mike flies with me. This was the first time I've flown with our girls but without him.

Flying without him showed me just how much I appreciate flying with him. Since I was flying without him, I had to insure we got to the airport on time, return the rental car, uninstall/install a very heavy carseat, make sure our girls were fed, everyone made a pitstop to the potty, get us through security (Including but not limited to a pat down and my 9 year old thought it would be funny to scream, "She's innocent!" Making me burst out in laughter; however, not at all amusing the TSA agent.), get to our gate, and entertain our girls during the wait/flight, etc.

None of which was difficult; however, it taught me just how much he "covers" me.
Generally when we fly, I "zone out", read, nap, and listen to praise music while he does everything else so these flights were quite different. By virtue of our relationship, there are things that never even occur to me that need to be addressed.

It reminded me of how much more my Heavenly Father covers me.

He never leaves or forsakes me! (Hebrews 13:5)
He rebukes the devourer for me! (Malachi 3:11)
He always hears me! (Psalm 91:15)
He always answers me! (1 John 5:14)
He always desires good for me! (Jeremiah 29:11)
He protects me! (Psalm 28:7)
He knew me before I was born! (Psalm 139:13)
He withholds nothing good from me! (Psalm 84:11)
He loves me enough to send His only Son to rescue me! (John 3:16)

Thank You Father, for always covering me!

My prayer for every reader today is to realize His covering and thank Him daily for covering us, in the name of Jesus! (1 Thessalonians 5:18, John 14:14)




No comments:

Post a Comment