Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hard pressed, Crushed, Perplexed, Persecuted, Struck down


We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. (2 Corinthians 4:8, NLT)
Ever felt:
  • Hard pressed
  • Crushed
  • Perplexed
  • Persecuted
  • Struck down

 I generally don’t, but this week, I certainly have. Earlier this week, I had a dream. I was at very elaborate event and someone handed me a baby that I didn’t want to deal with. Just as they parents were out of my sight, the baby pooped his diaper and made a huge mess. I was looking for the parents but couldn’t find them. I finally found someone to hold the baby while I was cleaning up the mess. Once the mess was clean, I was thankful to be done with that and I turned around to leave but then saw there was poop all over every floor as far as I could see to the extent it looked like someone had walked in and spread gravel all over the very nice floor where the event was being held.

That has been my week…cleaning up poop. Not literally, although, literally might have been easier and faster. Today is only Thursday and so far this week, I’ve met with the Kauai police department, mayor’s office, prosecuting attorney’s office, department of family services, indirectly dealt with family court, dealt with work situations, while still maintaining our homeschooling schedule. I'm very grateful, by and through prayer, I've been met with amazing favor with each office.

Fear not! I didn’t go off the deep end and create a mess that resulted in my week chocked full of “meetings”. I am helping to clean up messes made by others.

I was standing very tall at the beginning but being hit by wave upon wave, day after day…tempted me to get tired and weary.
But! My good report today is the Lord my God got my attention this morning when during prayer He shouted, “PERSPECTIVE!” No mealy mousing around! Tears may flow for a moment, but joy-joy-joy comes in the morning!

He reminded me of His perspective. What I see is temporary, but what I don’t see is eternal! (2 Corinthians 4:18). I am seated! (Ephesians 2:6)

Thank God-Thank God-Thank God for my pray-er partners who stand alongside me “keeping my back”! They faithfully stay in covenant with me every step of the way!

I pray over each reader today to be reminded of His perspective! 
You are seated!



No comments:

Post a Comment