Friday, December 7, 2012

It's Too Late...


It’s better to have a partner than go it alone. Share the work, share the wealth. And if one falls down, the other helps, But if there’s no one to help, tough! (Ecclesiastes 4:9, MSG)

This morning I took a long walk on the beach. When I ran out of beach, I extended my walk along a rock wall on the ocean. The wall was approximately three feet in height and had been built to keep the surf from washing up on the park. The big surf rolled in and hit the wall sending big splashes over the rock wall leaving puddles of water along the path.

On the path, I saw a fish that had been caught up in the rough surf and thrown over the wall as the surf rolled in. I walked up to the fish, planned to pick him up and throw him back over the wall into the water. But I was too late to save the fish. He had been out of the water too long. He had most likely jumped and flopped but was unable to get himself back in the water because the rock wall was too tall. And he had no one to help him.

I envisioned the process that landed him in his predicament. I had a mental image of him as the rough water caught up in the surf, and threw him over the wall.

It occurred to me, at times, we get caught up in processes that land us in predicaments. The water of life gets rough, we get caught up in storms and rough “surf”, and at times, we get thrown over the wall and we are a "fish out of water"!

Thank God for the praying friends He places in our lives to help us up when storms of life toss us around! They come alongside us and help when we fall down!

Today, my prayer for you is to be surrounded by friends who lock into covenant with you and weather the storm through to victory so that you are never a fish out of water!



No comments:

Post a Comment