Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Land of the Midnight Sun: From the North Pole to the Kenai Peninsula!

We dry docked in the wilderness on top of a hill with this inexplicable view before reaching Tok, Alaska. 




Sometime thereafter, we made a quick stop off for some reindeer sausage at Delta Meat Co, yum-yum! P.s. Please don't tell Santa. 

After our quality time with reindeer sausage, we hit North Pole Alaska, where we were super blessed to talk and laugh with friends well into the night; or in this case, twilight as Alaska is currently having over 19 hours of daylight! 

We spent the night at the River View RV park which has full hook up except in our case, only had electricity (no water) because of "late break up" (snow cover turning to slush).

We stopped by the Santa Claus House because our friends told us reindeer were penned up out back. We saw them and I screamed, "Let my people...and my reindeer...go!"






On the road again...tally ho...Denali National Park or Bust!

Mike cooked reindeer sausage for breakfast and then he cooked bear chili in Denali National Park for lunch...I am enjoying my meat overload!






Denali National Park is like all over National Parks...phenomenal!






I think I'm "getting this cold thing"...layers are critical. My key to cold success is: Yoga pants, pajama pants, sweat pants, tank top, Hawaiian rash guard, fleece, scarf, gloves, sock hat, stay huddled up to my human heater (aka Mike) yay, I'm not "cold miserable" anymore! And I can almost last as long as Mr. Hawaiian Board Shorts Man (...not really)!


The drive from Denali National Park to Wasilla is literally indescribable, so I will attempt to show you!







We dry docked on Turn Again Arm, just south of Anchorage on the Seward Highway. Cook Inlet on our right and 3,000 foot mountains of Chugach National Forrest on our left with many waterfalls along our way...now you can understand why the only word I can utter is...indescribable! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment