Sunday, May 12, 2013

South Dakota: Under God, the People Rule


Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the Heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is Your kingdom. We adore You as the One who is over all things. (1 Chronicles 29:11, NLT)

While we were gone to RV orientation, Mikea was left in charge of taking care of Gracie. When we returned we learned Gracie had been throwing up again and Mikea had "prayed for Gracie so hard" she thought she would "fall over". Thank God for effective, fervent prayers of a righteous sister.

We left Forrest City Iowa and headed out on Highway 69 then hit Highway 9 and went through Buffalo, a very small quaint little farming town. Had we blinked twice we would've missed it. We continued on to 169N and drove through Blue earth Minnesota. Another, don't blink town. Both towns remind me of the town where I grew up. Very small, welcoming, with a hometown feel.

For all RVers traveling along this way, we suggest you stop at the Walmart Supercenter in Fairmont, Minnesota. There is a Walmart closer to Forrest City but it is quite a bit smaller than the one in Fairmont. 

As we traveled down I90, I noticed as we crossed Wolf Creek the terrain was changing from plowed fields as far as the eye could see into small rocky hills. The farmland melted away and was replaced by cow land, then back to farmland again. It appeared I didn't do my homework as well as I thought I had because I was surprised to see so much farmland and cow land up this far north. This area reminds me of what I would imagine as I read books and saw movies about farmers and cattle drives. 


The hotels have cute little names; such as, The Tumbleweed and The Corn Palace. And who knew South Dakota produces wind generators!


Due to the weather, I was surprised to see so many motorcyclists. They all reminded me us friends who wanted to make this trip with us but weren't able to because of prior committments. The picture below is in honor of our Harley Buds. Tator, wish this were you and your beautiful bride. 


We continued on I90 where Exit 350 leads to the home of Laura Ingles Wilder. We aren't currently making many stops off I90 in order to be able to spend more time at the Canadian Rockies and Jasper National Park.

We knew there was a Fulton Missouri but were surprised to learn there is also a Fulton South Dakota!

Once we topped a hill, we were greeted with the most amazing sight. The Francis Case Lake, which was made by damming the Missouri River. Part of this area reminded me of The Beautiful Lake of the Ozarks. Missouri and her people are always on my heart!


South Dakota gave us the most amazing sunset! Reminded me of the big sky sunsets in Montana. Montana, we will see you soon!



LORD, O LORD, we continue to marvel at Your greatness! Power! Glory! Victory! And Majesty! How great is Your name in all the earth! Everything in the Heavens and on this beautiful earth is yours, O LORD! This is Your kingdom! We adore You as the One who is over all things. Thank You for showing us more of Your great nation! We eagerly await to see what You show us tomorrow! We love You LORD, You are our King!




No comments:

Post a Comment