Friday, May 10, 2013

Suck it Up, and Dance


And David danced before the LORD with all his might. (2 Samuel 6:14, NLT)

I started my morning out with a run. As I walked out the door of the hotel and the arctic blast (55 degrees…hey, to an island girl, that's extreme temps) hit my face I heard my good friend's voice (who is a runner) ringing in my head, "When it gets cold, I just suck it up and run." I thought, "I don't know if I can suck it up in 55 degree temps." But I did, knowing she and my other friend, Julz (who makes fun of me and my cold weather intolerance) would be so well pleased with me. After my face and hands went numb, I did really well. Alysia forgot to tell me to wear mittens. I survived but who knew that big vein sticks out on my neck with I run?


I ran near a beautiful corn field that went on seemingly forever. Iowa has many large fields as far as the eye can see. This field had just been plowed. I'm not sure when the field will be planted but I know it yield the best harvest once the soil is properly prepared. Much in the same way, we yield the best harvest from God's Word as we continue to prepare our heart. (Romans 12:2, Luke 8:8)


As many of you know, a week ago today, our family suffered the tragic loss of a very amazing, beloved family member. As sadness and grief attempted to overcome me, I was reminded of a time when Dr. Terry Mize had testified to a time when he was walking through a similar experience. He told us, upon learning of his situation, he danced before the Lord. 

Situations are different. Some situations are way more intense than others. Some situations call for one dance…while other situations call for many dances over a period of time. Always take time to dance.

It was late last night by the time we got into Iowa so we didn't see much of Iowa until today. Iowa is full of fields, barns, and farm houses. The people of Iowa are very neighborly and friendly, much the same as Oklahoma with their yes ma'am, no ma'am, and thank you ma'am. 

This area of Iowa is a very clean and well kept area. The Interstate (I35) is well maintained as are the rest stops and truck stops.




Next state: Minnesota

Iowa Highlights
Mike: The plowed fields and woodlands
Genice: Iowa's friendly people
Mikea: Same as Gracie
Gracie: The hotel that we stayed in (Courtyard Marriott at Ankeny)

Mike and I have never been to Minnesota before so this is where our trip gets even more exciting to us. Minnesota is a straight shot down I-35 from Oklahoma so mostly what we've seen is interstate. This area of Minnesota is very similar to Iowa. Many fields, farm houses, rolling hills, and marshes. The people here are extremely nice and helpful as well.

Owatonna Regional Airport

We've had so much favor and blessings on this trip. We've made good time, had a smooth trip, great facilities, and dealt with really great people. Last night, when we grew tired, we found a great hotel. Today, Mike mentioned we should try and visit the Mall of America on Saturday. Once we made it to our hotel, we found out at the Mall of America is only about a mile away. The car rental return office is only two miles away. And I am currently "working" (editing photos and blogging) at one of the most beautiful views of the Minnesota city sky line. (Psalm 84:11) 

Tomorrow we explore more of Minnesota so until then, it's bed time.

Next state: Iowa…not a type o. Please see explanation below.

Minnesota Highlights
Mike: The country is definitely cool here, no pun intended. The rolling hills are beautiful. I am definitely coming here to do some hunting. It is a good mix of farms and woods. I like all the ducks and geese in marshes and lakes.
Genice: Seeing more of our great nation and being in a state I've never visited before.
Mikea: Spending the night in the King's suite and swimming at the pool at the Embassy Suites
Gracie: Same as Sissy

Next state: South Dakota

LORD, thank You for teaching me to dance before You with a grateful heart. There is liberty, peace, and love in Your presence. Thank You for Your Son, Jesus, who came so that we may have life in excessive abundance. When dark clouds attempt to loom, please remind me to dance with all my might as I submit my spirit to Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for being our Sun and our Shield! Thank You for bestowing favor and honor on us and withholding no good thing. You truly, truly are good and Your unfailing love truly endures forever and ever. LORD…I really love You! 




We booked this trip last year. When we booked it, we booked flights from Hawaii to Minnesota, then we were to drive to Iowa and pick up the RV. Minneapolis is the closest major airport to Great Alaskan Holidays (where we rented the RV). 

Due to family circumstances, we flew to Oklahoma, spent time with family and friends, then drove to Minnesota where we had to return our rental vehicle. The airport in Minnesota is the nearest major car rental return to Great Alaskan Holidays. Tomorrow we will explore Minneapolis, take a shuttle from Minneapolis to Forrest City Iowa and pick up our RV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment