Friday, May 3, 2013

Every. Single. Little. Detail.


The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. (Psalm 37:23, NLT)

Many years ago, I'd say close to sixteen years ago, Mike bought me a pair of diamond studded earrings. Gracie's ears are pierced and the only earrings that don't break her out are earrings set in gold, so she has been wearing the earrings Mike bought me.

About a month ago, she came and told me she had lost the back of one of the earrings. Thankfully, she didn't lose the earring, just the back. I told her it wasn't a problem because we could just buy another back. I expected to be able to replace the back for approximately thirty dollars or so.

I went to three or four jewelry stores and not one store was able to fit the earring. One solution was to have the posts completely redone.  I was really bummed because I really like these earrings, they are very special to me but I didn't want to go to the expense of having them completely redone which would be over a hundred dollars. I put the earrings away until I could decide whether or not to have the work done..

Today, my family experienced the sudden, unexpected, tragic death of a very dear loved one. Of which I won't go into detail in order to protect our privacy. 

Once I learned what had happened, I started packing to go be with my family. As I was standing at my washer, putting clothes in the dryer…I was overwhelmed with grief. I stood there and cried and cried asking God how I was going to walk through this and help my family walk through this. Feeling so weak, I half prayed and half wailed out to Him in overwhelming grief, I said, "I know you are ever present with me in times of trouble when something big like this happens so I draw on Your strength right now in the name of Jesus." 

I wiped my eyes, about to finish loading the dryer, and on the very tip of the inside of the dyer…was the back to my earring. God very clearly spoke to my heart and said, "I am not only in the big things, I am in your every…single...little...detail."

The only way I can explain how I found the back of my earring on the lip of my dryer, after weeks and weeks of doing all the laundry, on the morning of such tragic news, at the moment I was about to fall over in disbelief and grief…is, He truly is in every single little detail of my life.  

Thank You Father, Thank You...for never leaving or forsaking me. Thank You for always being so faithful to be ever present in time of need. You are my Rock and my fortress. I safely hide in You. Thank You for your mercy and grace in my time of need. Thank You for ordering my every step and thank You for showing me, You truly are in every single little detail of my life. I love You Lord.


Deuteronomy 31:6
Psalm 46:1
Psalm 37:23






Lord I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the one that guides my heart

Chorus:
Lord, I need You, oh I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Verse 2:
Where sin runs deep, Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Yes where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

Bridge:
So teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay

Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment