Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Just Felt Like Running


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. (Hebrews 12:1, NLT)

Due to it's language and content, this is in no way an endorsement for the movie but there is a movie entitled, Forrest Gump. At one point in the movie, after experiencing many trials, the main character started running. When asked why he was running, he said, "I just felt like running." This past week, I can say, I understand why he "just felt like running".

Thankfully, about a month ago, I started training for running. I was set to run a 5k last Saturday but wasn't able to go because we had to unexpectedly make a trip back to my hometown on the mainland. Although I've been physically active with things like scuba, stand up paddle boarding, and biking, I chose to train for running because running has always been a challenge for me. It was time I rise to the challenge. 

I researched and found good training that would be successful for me and I stayed faithful to it. It has not been easy, but it has been completely worth it. The training has been immeasurably helpful this last week. 

Another "training" that has been immeasurably helpful this last week is my bible training. I've always been thankful for the pastors and teachers God has placed before me but I've been especially thankful this past week. God has used them to "train" me to "run" through a very difficult week. The training they have offered me has allowed me to run with endurance.

Father, thank you for placing people in the life of faith in my path who have used Your Word and trained me to run this race with endurance. Thank You that in really hard times, I can count on that training to keep me running. Thank You for reminding me, although life is not always easy, it is always completely worth it. I pray a 100 fold return blessing on each and every one of their lives in the name of Jesus, bless them immeasurably!





No comments:

Post a Comment