Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wisdom

On a much lighter note than yesterday...

How wonderful to be wise, to analyze and interpret things. Wisdom lights up a person's face, softening its harshness. (Ecclesiastes 8:1, NLT)

Mike and I have been together for a really long time. during that time, thankfully, we've grown much wiser. 

Berries is one of my favorite foods. I eat strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, elderberries, and acai every day. 

Mike likes meat.

Last night he texted me asking what was for dinner. I responded with acai bowls! Which in my opinion, is a wonderful mix of the above berries along with pumpkin seed granola, shredded coconut, bananas, and almond milk. I was so excited. He; however, was quite a bit less excited than I.

He texted and said he had to go to the Kona location. He had been in Honolulu all day and had just arrived at the airport. The airport is in between our house and our Kona location. This could only mean one thing! After taking care of business in Kona, he was gonna drive right by Queen K Tesoro to stop and get some of what he lovingly calls, “truck stop food” and I disgustingly refer to as "funk".

Wisdom point #1

He analyzed and decided instead of making comment about my choice in dinner, he opted to save himself by eating what he wanted at the convenience store!

Wisdom point #2

I interpreted his text and understood  I would gleefully be enjoying my acai bowl alone without asking him what he would be consuming for dinner!

Hence, wisdom lit up both our faces! It’s a win/win!







No comments:

Post a Comment