Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Kiss for Payment

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (1  Thessalonians 5:18, NLT)

Since my girls were babies, in return for me doing something for them or giving them something, I asked them to give me a kiss for payment. It has become our way of saying thank you. 

For example, when they asked for a cup of juice, or when I helped put their shoes on, I'd smile really big and say, "Kiss for payment!"

This morning, I was deep into a pile of work when my youngest handed me a baby doll and said, "Mommy can you please help me with this?" As soon as I heard her little voice say  "Mommy", I stopped everything and gave her my full attention. She was having a problem with her baby doll's dress and needed help untying a knot. After untying the knot, I smiled and said, "Kiss for payment!" That just never gets old!

I love it when they come to me. I stop everything when I hear their voice. Hearing their little voices call me by name is one of the most precious sounds in the world. Then when they smile really big and give me a kiss, I cannot even put it into words. Their thankful hearts is one of my greatest blessings of all. 

How much more, does our Heavenly Father love it when we go to Him?
 (Jeremiah 33:3)
How much more, does our voice make Him stop just to listen to us? 

(1 John 5:14)
How much much more, does He love hearing our voice call Him by name?
 (Romans 10:13)
How much more, does it bless Him to experience our thankful heart?
 (Psalm 103:1)
How much more, does He love to receive a kiss for payment? 
(1 Thessalonians 5:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment