Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Traylor Switch


And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. (Romans 8:38, NLT)

This is another post written straight from my heart totally bypassing my head and the advice of some who say, "Keep it clean". 

When I started this blog, I made a commitment to be transparent (even though deep down and even at the surface, that still makes me cringe...it always has) and create a source for others to go to for true help and true encouragement. I've been attacked for that and accused of not bringing glory to God. 

I still hold to that which is my original goal for this blog independent of a few opinions in that I am real, life is real, and at times, we all need real help. Sometimes, we need our friends to jump down in the ditch, take our hand, and help us walk out as opposed to offering up a smile, a quick pat on the head and a, "I will pray for you." Sometimes, we need a friend to say, "What can I do to help?" And then follow up and actually do something. And then keep checking in until victory is accomplished...whether that takes a minute or months. It is my heart's desire to be such a friend and to love at all times. 

Let's just say the first part of this week has been in the ditch. Thats ok, I'm determined it is out of the ditch as of now. 

I will explain. Monday was full of little foxes. One of which, Macy's called security on me.  It's not as exciting as it sounds. If you really want to know, I added the incident at the very bottom of this post so those who wanted to skip it can due to time restraints. 

Tuesday night, we were cleaning up from dinner when my youngest ran in crying and buried her face in my shoulder. A man in the neighborhood told her and her three friends they can not play near his home...which is quite impossible because it is next door to our home. And all the neighborhood kids congregate at our house. And he added, "Do NOT tell your parents about this!"

Suffice it to say, my "Traylor switch" flipped.

Suffice it to say, there was a showdown at his doorstep (I grew up on the Texas state line) and now he totally understands he is to never approach my children again under any circumstances. 

I walked away (as a few of my senses began to return to me) and thought, yep...I've got great opportunity to repent now. But praise God I was reminded that nothing can separate me from the love of my almighty Father, not even me.

I told you all of that to tell you this. Even when we handle matters through mom filtered glasses, He still loves us because it is who He is. 

I'm not at all suggesting you handle matters by having a showdown. In hindsight, it would've been wiser for me to stay home and have Mike handle the situation. He is much better at these things than I am. And I have to say I am very well pleased at how he handled the incident in those rare and very brief moments where he was able to get a word in edgewise during those milliseconds when I inhaled. 

But in all honesty, I cannot say I regret defending my girls. I do not regret standing up for what is right. A man (or anyone else for that matter) has absolutely no right to tell children not to tell their parents anything. Some may view that as indignant. 

If so, please pray for me. I will be here, still wearing my mom filtered glasses, still walking life out. 



SECURITY!
About a month ago I went shopping on Oahu and bought a dress. I live on the Big Island. Sunday, I was going to wear my new dress; however, discovered the ink security tag had not been removed. Monday I took the dress to our local Macy's (praying for favor beforehand) and told them what happened. The cashier asked for the receipt. Now...why didn't I think of that? Please refer back to the Monday full of little foxes comment. She called security and asked them to check the cameras to insure I walked in the door with the dress. She asked me my exact route. I was thinking, now wouldn't this be a less than perfect ending to a less than perfect day? West Hawaii News headlines complete with "headshot", local business owner arrested at Macy's for stealing a $40 dress! I'm totally kidding, kinda. 

The security officer walked up, smiled at me, looked at the cashier, rolled his eyes and said, "Just take the tag off the dress." Thanked me and left. FAVOR! 








No comments:

Post a Comment