Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Fruit Bowl


One of my daughters recently accepted an invitation to write a guest post for Key Tov Blog. Below is one of her assignments from school. It is a lesson in refusing to be envious.

Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious. (1 Peter 2:1, NKJV)

The Sad Apple
One day a banana was in a fruit bowl. An apple was in the bowl too. While the banana was sitting in the fruit bowl, the apple that was in the bowl with the banana was crying. And the banana said why are you crying? And the apple said I don't like who I am. You don't like who you are?! Said the banana. No. Said the apple. But I like your green color! Said the banana. But the fruit at the store made fun of me! Said the apple. Don't listen to them! Said the banana. Yea I guess they were wrong. Said the apple. You should be happy for what you are. Said the banana. You could have been a smoothie! The End!

She gets her outlook on life from her Daddy, *grin*





No comments:

Post a Comment