Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Power!

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you. (Acts 1:8, NKJV)

Last Wednesday, Mikea (my middle child) came to me very frustrated. We planned a homeschool field trip with friends and she wanted to take her camera but she couldn't get it to work. I asked her what all she had done to investigate and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it either.

She went to her father. She was impatient and upset. She explained she had had it plugged in for days and was upset to tears because she thought her camera was broken. She was sleepy and went to bed upset. 

After she was asleep, he discovered although she had plugged the camera cord into the camera to charge, she hadn't plugged the cord into the electrical outlet. He plugged the cord into the electrical outlet and the next morning,  her face was all lit up because her camera was working so that she could take it on our field trip. She was thrilled to know her camera wasn't broken. 

I thought, "Wow, how many times I had gone to bed frustrated and upset because I had spent the day half plugged in to my Power Source." How many times I had gone to my Father, after working myself into a tizzy when all I needed to do was stop and fully plug in. 

This incident was a great reminder for me. 

Always go to my Father first! (Matthew 6:33)
Joy comes in the morning! (Psalm 30:5)
Stay fully plugged in! (Acts 1:8)

Are you fully plugged into The Power Source?



No comments:

Post a Comment