Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Say What?!!


Generally, when someone comes to me for prayer, it is a result of an issue they are struggling with over something someone has said. Or over something someone hasn't said.

"Mom told me I have a big head."
"When I was 9, Dad told me I am lazy."
"My third grade teacher said I would never amount to anything." 

If that's you, I have GOOD news for you! What God said about you overrides everything  everyone else has ever or will ever say! 

  • If you are in Christ, you are new! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
  • You can do all things! (Philippians 4:13)
  • You are an overcomer! (1 John 5:4)
But wait, there's more!
  • He is for you! (Romans 8:31)
  • He will never leave you! (Hebrews 13:5)
  • He is your strong tower, your shelter! (Psalm 61:3)

If you are asking, "But wait a minute, if all these things are true, then why have bad things happened to me?"

  • There is a robber, killer, and destroyer. (John 10:10)
  • You have an enemy. (1 Peter 5:8)
  • The "someones" in your life, are not the core issue. (Ephesians 6:12)


But, God has set you up for success! He has empowered you!

  • Don't worry! (Matthew 6:34) 
  • God has a good plan! (Jeremiah 29:11)
  • Jesus has given you authority! (Luke 10:19) 


If you are asking, "But how do I apply His Word and change my life from what it is to what God said it is?"

Here's how:

  • Receive by faith believing without wavering!  (James 1:6)
  • Take every thought captive! (2 Corinthians 10:5)
  • Meditate on His Word! (Psalm 19:14)
  • Guard your heart with all vigilance!  (Proverbs 4:23)
  • Only speak life! (Proverbs 18:21)

Take what God said about you (His Word) and override what everyone else has said or failed to say.

Now, what are you going to say?




No comments:

Post a Comment