Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Retail Therapy!


But gather and heap up and store for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust nor worm consume and destroy, and where thieves do not break through and steal; For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:20, AMP)

Last week, I went shopping in Honolulu. I was in my favorite city, shopping at my favorite mall, sharing the whole day with some of my favorite peeps!

I am fully aware of how hard my husband works to provide for us so I paid special attention to purchases, being a good steward of what I was given. I also made sure each purchase was correct; for example, a salesperson accidentally put brown mascara in my bag, I use black. So I asked her to exchange it. I kept an eye on my bags when I walked about, tried on clothes, ate lunch, etc. Since I was in a large city, I paid special attention to my surroundings and made sure my purse and bags were secure.

All that set me to thinking….do I guard my full redemption package (that which will not pass away) as closely as I’ve kept an eye on these bags all day (the things that will pass away)? Would I purchase a full bag of items but leave the store with only one third of the items I paid for?

Then I made an inventory of my full redemption package:

Most Christians would agree, Jesus came to save us, (1 Timothy 1:15) but what else does our "package" include?

Health!
“who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed” (1 Peter 2:24)

Prosperity!
“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers. (3 John 1:2, AMP)

Life!
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

In other words, everything good and perfect! (James 1:17)

How do we protect our full redemption package?
  • Receive it by faith (Hebrews 11:6)
  • Believe without wavering (James 1:6)
  • Have confidence in Him (1 John 5:14, 15)
  • Hold fast (Hebrews 10:23)
  • Give thanks (Ephesians 5:20)




No comments:

Post a Comment