Wednesday, October 3, 2012

OK Mom!

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. (Galations 5:16, NKJV)

Gracie, my youngest child, really enjoys pretend play. No matter where we are or what we are doing, she finds a way to play something. Paper, sticks, grass...it doesn't matter what it is, she can make a toy out of it. She is very creative and has an amazing imagination. 

At times, it has been a challenge for her to stop playing. For example, when its time to start school, it has been difficult for her to transition from her play to her schoolwork. In order to help her (and me...I ain't gonna lie to ya) we made a rule. When it's time to start school, I say, "Time for school!" And her response is be "Ok Mom!", with a cheerful heart. 

That plan has been working really well. Today, we went through our normal routine. Once we settled into school she sweetly said "Mommy, this morning, when you said it was time for school, my brain told me I didn't want to stop playing and do school but my heart told me to do my school and then I could have free time. I should always listen to my heart and not my brain."

Cutie Pie Alert! 

Can she be any cuter?! Can she be more precious?! 

*Beaming Momma*

She may not have fully recognized the connection between her brain (flesh) and heart (spirit), but she is learning to be Spirit led.

This made me examine myself. When an internal war tries to engage, it is critical for to me:

Recognize the battle. (Ephesians 6:12)
Take every thought captive. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
Be led by my "heart" and not my "brain". (Galatians 5:16)


What leads you?




No comments:

Post a Comment