Sunday, July 28, 2013

Take out the Trash...and Leave it Out


But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too. (Mark 11:25, NLT)

I recently attended a women's conference where Andi Andrew was the special speaker. To learn more about her, please click in the link below.

http://www.nycreligion.info 

During her message, she discussed how a situation had arisen wherein she needed to apologize to her daughter. Mrs. Andrew said, "I am sorry, will you forgive me?" Her daughters response was, "I will always forgive." Mrs. Andrew told her daughter, "Then you will always be free."

Unforgiveness reminds me of trash. Yep, stinky...funky...who knows what's in those trash bags. On second thought, who wants to know…eek.

When my girls were old enough to start taking out the trash, their trash removal skills wasn't exactly meeting my expectations. I had grown accustomed to Mike taking out the trash. He was like a trash can fairy. One moment trash was in the can. The next moment, the can was empty with a fresh, new liner. No more signs of trash anywhere.

When my girls first started taking out the trash...let's just say…additional training was required. A typical scenario went something like this. The bag was torn while it was being pulled out of the can, instead of carrying the bag they pulled the bag across the floor (leaving in it's trail…nasty liquid trash something), and a trail of trash (that was falling out of the growing hole as it was being dragged) from my kitchen to the dumpster as two little munchkin voices were protesting in unison, "Ohhh this is disgusting!" And "WHY do WE have to do this?!"  They would have to pick up all the stray trash, take bleach and clean everything the trash touched as well as all surrounding areas, and then scrub their little hands to remove all possibilities of whatever lives in there. As a result, my girls trash taking abilities have vastly improved, thankfully.  

Have you ever heard anyone say, "I want to forgive, but I just can't" or "Oh I will never forgive them." And the best one of all, "Oh I will forgive but I will never forget because they owe me!" 

Is it just me or does that remind you of dragging trash around? 

I've heard one of my fathers in the faith repeatedly say, "Forgiving someone is like unlocking the prison door…and freeing yourself."

If you've been having difficulty forgiving someone, declare by faith that you forgive them. If the offense attempts to arise again, declare, "Nope, I forgave them by faith, I believe I receive forgiveness as I forgive others. I refuse to waver." (James 1:6) 

Once we "take out the trash"…we do not drag it back inside. 

As you determine to forgive and consistently declare, supernaturally, forgiveness comes. What you are saying will be established and light will shine on your ways! (Job 22:28) You will no longer be dragging unforgiveness everywhere you go. You will no longer be dragging unforgiveness along the floor of your heart and there will no longer be a trail of unforgiveness funk! 

You will always be free!

Free: Not under the control or in the power of another (Mahalo google!)

Who is in control of you?


Father, thank You for teaching us how to walk in freedom. Thank You for forgiving us as we forgive others. Thank You for remembering our sins no more as You removed them as far as the east is from the west. But most of all, thank You for Your Son, Jesus. He is too wonderful for words! We are so thankful for Your love and the gift of Him!



Hebrews 10:17
Psalm 103:12 
John 3:16




No comments:

Post a Comment