Friday, July 19, 2013

Light it Up

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” (John 8:12, NLT)






Light has taken on new meaning for me lately. We are a homeschooling family and we've been studying cells this school year. We took the plunge, did our research, and purchased a "king daddy" microscope!





I have to tell you…it ROCKS! We've played with it everyday. We study "prepared slides" and next week, we start making our very own slides! We've studied kosher salt, q-tips, dog hair (Hey, my dog is very clean.), household dust (no comment), human hair, dead bugs, and yesterday I asked for my oldest daughter's pillow…but alas…she refused. I won't go into detail…personal family joke.

What is so amazing about a microscope? I am so-so glad you asked! The precision is amazing. We can view specimen at a magnification level up to a thousand or we can decrease it down to forty. And the light on the microscope is so bright that when it is shining on a specimen, every intricate detail of the specimen is illuminated. The light on the microscope is, at times, so bright, we have to turn it down in order for our eyes to tolerate the light.

Yesterday as we were viewing specimens, I better understood how God's light reveals the intricate details of my heart. In His light, nothing is hidden anymore. It "all comes to light" and change comes when God shows me what needs to be corrected…even in the very intricate details of my heart. He knows precisely how much light to shine, precisely where to shine light and precisely when to shine light. (2 Peter 3:9 and again I say, 2 Peter 3:9)

The Lord isn't really being slow about His promise, as some people think. 
No, He is being patient for your sake. 
He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. (2 Peter 3:9)


Most loving and gracious Heavenly Father, thank you-thank you for always being faithful to me all the days of my life. Thank You for life giving Light! Thank You for showing me and teaching me not to conform to the patterns of this world but to renew my mind daily. Thank You for Your marvelous Light and for showing me the areas in my heart to correct and thank You for Your perfect timing. You truly are so good! Father, I pray for every reader right now and I thank You for completing your good work in them, in the name of Jesus! 

Psalm 89:1
Romans 12:2
Ecclesiastes 3:11
1 Peter 2:9
Psalm 100:5
Philippians 1:6



Psssst, hey...homeschooling moms! If you need help buying a microscope, I highly suggest Home Science Tools. I placed their link below for your convenience. They helped me decide which microscope was best for us as well as the accessories we needed without pushing me to buy more than what we required. Great product, great customer service!

 at www.hometrainingtools.com



No comments:

Post a Comment