Friday, July 5, 2013

Going Backwards

I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. (Philippians 3:14, NLT)

Today, I went to Hokulani Bakery at Restaurant Row to pick up an order of cupcakes in celebration of a friend's birthday. They are an excellent bakery by the way! (www.hokulanibakeshop.com) If you are in Honolulu, you will want to make them one of your stops. This blog post isn't about cupcakes, but aren't they so lovely?!

They taste better than they look! We will just leave those right there for now.

A lot of the parking in Honolulu is garage (high rise) parking. Most of the driving in a high rise is one way. As I was leaving the parking area, the exit was about five feet behind me so I had to drive forward from level A to level D to find an exit. I wanted to back up the five feet where the  nearest exit was; however, that would be illegal backing. So I "bit the bullet" and drove forward as all the signs indicated.

I don't like taking the long way around. I don't like "going backwards". I like to set my sights ahead and move on. But in this case, I couldn't. I had to drive up the three extra levels in order to reach my goal which was to find the exit.

Thank God we don't have to "go backwards" with Him! We press on and go forward! We don't have to look behind or even have "behind thinking"! Nope, His Word tells us to forget the former things and press on to what lies ahead! (Philippians 3:13)

How about you? Been going backwards? Been taking the long way around? Well, forget that and press on!


Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray for every reader today. I pray Philippians 3:13 and 14 be illuminated in their hearts on a deeper level. I pray they walk fully in Philippians 3:13 and 14 right now in the name of Jesus! Past mistakes, whether things were said and/or done, will no longer be in the forefront of their minds because they forget and press on! (Psalm 19:14, Philippians 4:8)




No comments:

Post a Comment