Monday, July 22, 2013

My Space


I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours. (Mark 11:24, NLT)

My girls are in martial arts and last week our martial arts family had a beach get together. We were to meet at one of the busiest beach parks in Honolulu. Our sensei told us to get there prior to 8:30 or there would be no parking at the beach. My family has been fighting off some sort of "bug" and Gracie decided to stay at work with Mike while Mikea and I went to the beach bash.

We pulled into the beach park at 8:20 and there was already a line of cars. We drove around the parking lot twice and the lot was completely full. I said, "Buggie, agree in prayer with me for a parking space." Buggie is Mikea's nickname. She said, "Ok Momma." We said, "Lord, thank You for providing us a parking space." 

I don't normally pray for parking spaces because I don't see parking as a big deal. I normally just park wherever and enjoy my walk. I mean...this is Hawaii. But that day, Mikea really didn't want to be late for the beach bash. And that day, since I was feeling under the weather, I really didn't want to walk all the way from the nearest parking which would have been the mall and we were told walking from that parking area is about a quarter of a mile to the beach. My friend and I had gone paddling the day before. We had paddled for about three hours so I was still tired and a little sore so I didn't physically feel like walking that distance.

We drove the parking lot one more time and still no parking. Mikea said, "I don't see any parking Momma." I said, "God will make a way for us."

We turned the corner and there was a space directly in front of the tents where our martial arts family were setting up. We drove to that space and parked but saw the curb in that space was painted red which means it is a no parking space.

I told Mikea we would park there long enough to unload and get her to her event on time so she didn't miss anything. Once unloaded, I would find a space and be back. We unloaded our chairs, food, etc. I told her not to leave the area and I would be right back.

True story:
I walked back to my car and got in. Once I was inside my car, the van in front of me (who was in a parking space) pulled out of their parking space and I pulled forward and parked. I started laughing and thanking God. The parking space was about twenty steps from the beach bash. I also found it comical it was the only parking space. Directly in front and in back of the one space, the curb was painted red. 

Another true story:
Last year, I tore my rotator cuff in my left arm. I didn't know what a rotator cuff was much less know it could be torn. Suffice it to say, you do not want to tear your rotator cuff. I was in a sling for weeks, for three nights in a row I slept sitting up because it was too painful to lay down. I was on pain medication for days. My family had to help me shower and get dressed/undressed.  

This year, as I was carrying my stand up paddle board, I felt it start to rip again. I immediately put my board down and said, "You STOP IT right now, you MAY NOT tear!" 

The next day, my shoulder was slightly tender but no sling, no pain meds, and I was able to shower and dress/undress myself which brings to mind…you don't know what you've got until it's gone!


Jesus said, "Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea," and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours. But when you are praying first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too" (Mark 11:22-25, NLT)

What are you saying today?


Father, You are so gracious, loving and good. Thank You for giving us everything we need for life and godliness. Thank You for authority and for teaching us to use our mouth for Your glory. Thank You for the gift of faith. Thank You for never leaving or forsaking us and for holding every detail of our lives in Your hands. You are our God, our Father, we love You!



Psalm 67:1
1 John 4:8
Psalm 136:1
Luke 10:19
Matthew 12:37
1 Corinthians 10:31
Romans 12:3
Deuteronomy 31:6
Colossians 1:17
1 John 3:1



No comments:

Post a Comment