Saturday, June 1, 2013

That UnAwesome Moment When…


For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. (Isaiah 43:19, NLT)

Earlier this year, we renovated an apartment that was built in the sixties. When I was a teenager, I always dreamed of moving to a large city, buying an old flat, and renovating it. Since renovating this apartment, I'm good on that dream as I have discovered, old buildings are accompanied by old problems, i.e. plumbing, electrical, etc. And I learned, old problems cannot be covered up by new fixtures…no matter how cute and retro they may be.

During this morning's shower, we inadvertently obtained a water feature…again...in our bathroom when the shower handle broke…again…for the fourth time. About that time, the above scripture was brought to my remembrance, certainly by God and not my flesh as my flesh had other ideas…a lot of other ideas. 

Thank God for teaching us to be led by the Spirt and not the flesh! (Galatians 5:16 & 17) As I meditated on that scripture, "Behold, I make all things new!" (Revelations 21:5) and "I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you" (Ezekiel 36:26) flooded my heart! 

Oh…yes…pun fully intended!

Once again, God's Word came alive as it occurred to me, God knew He would have to do something new, make all things new, and give us a new heart because our "old" would've been accompanied by old problems. God doesn't want us to continuously deal with old leaks!

Once I ran those scriptures through my mind and mouth several times, I heard SpiritFM play, "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials." (James 1:2)

I had to laugh…laugh out loud, really loud! Thank you www.SpiritFm.org for answering His call and speaking into our lives over the years, always right on time!

Tell us, how do you handle leaks?


Thank You-Thank You-Thank You, most gracious and loving Father, for doing something new in our lives, thank You for making all things new, and thank You for giving us a new heart! Thank You for protecting us from ourselves! Thank You for teaching us to be led by Your precious Holy Spirit instead of falling into the traps of the flesh. Thank You for knowing the end from the beginning and making our path straight! And thank You for making Your Word come alive to us…even during leaks…especially, during leaks. I pray for every reader right now, in the name of Jesus, they will know the breadth, length, height, and depth, of Your amazing unfailing love! And Your Word will come alive to them…especially during leaks. 



Isaiah 46:10
Proverbs 3:6
Ephesians 3:18




No comments:

Post a Comment