Monday, June 17, 2013

Foot Ride!


The LORD is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. (Psalm 28:7, NLT)

Yesterday, a friend and I were discussing the wonderful greatness and awesomeness of God. We talked about how no matter what we had dealt with in the past, or how instrumental people in our lives had hurt us, God always takes our circumstances and works everything out for our good…way beyond anything we could ask or think. (Ephesians 3:20)

As we were discussing tests that are now testimonies we use to help others, I started to laugh. I laughed and laughed…a silly little girl laugh that just wouldn't stop, which reminded me of when my girls were toddlers. 

Every day when Mike came home from work, my girls ran to him. They never hesitated. They screamed, "Foot ride! Foot ride!" Mikea picked one foot, Gracie picked the other foot and they would sit on his feet and hang on for the ride! He walked around the house, dragging them on his feet as they screamed and squealed!

On that memory, I had a vision of our Father. He screamed, "Foot ride! Foot ride!" He is beckoning us to sit with Him and scream and squeal and be strengthened by His joy! (Nehemiah 8:10)

I just had my first "Foot ride" and I can fully exclaim with a newly illuminated heart, "The LORD is my Strength and my Shield! I trust Him with all my heart! He helps me and my heart is filled with joy! I burst out in songs of thanksgiving!" (Psalm 28:7)

He is screaming to us, "I am your Father, don't hesitate! Come my child! Scream and squeal and be strengthened! My joy is your strength! See what great love I want to lavish on you!" (1 John 3:1) 

Take time right now and go on a foot ride with your Father!





No comments:

Post a Comment