Sunday, June 16, 2013

I Love You Dad


For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life. (John 3:16, Amplified Bible)

Recently, I overheard two people discussing their dads. They were talking about how their dads had never said, "I love you". They further explained their father doesn't even tell them he loves them after they say, "I love you Dad." 

I started thinking and wondered, "Did my Daddy ever tell me he loved me?" I'm sure he told me but I couldn't remember one instance when he had said, "I love you" To be honest, until today, I've never given it much thought because he always showed me how much he loved me. I knew that I knew that I knew, by his actions that my Daddy loved me deeply and always acted in my best interest.

Today is Father's Day and while today brings happy times for many, it doesn't for a lot of people.

No matter what your "father status" may currently be, no matter if your earthly father told/tells you or failed/fails to say, "I love you.",  we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and gave up His only Son so that we can have everlasting life! He is always good and He always acts in our best interest.

I once heard a pastor say,"Everlasting life doesn't begin when you go to Heaven. No, everlasting life begins when you accept Jesus into your life!" If you want to make Jesus the Lord of your life, please pray the following prayer. 

Father, in the name of Jesus, I believe You are everything You say You are! I believe Jesus is Your Son and I believe out of Your great love, mercy, and grace, You sent Him to save me! I believe He died on the cross for me, and I believe You raised Him from the dead and He now sits at Your right hand! Thank You for saving me! I repent of all sin and I thank You for the Blood of Jesus! Thank You for making me new! Please teach me to number my days and bring glory to You in everything I think, say, and do, amen! 


Welcome to the family, our Father loves you! I pray this will be your best Father's Day ever with even better to come! Enjoy today with your Heavenly Father! 



Psalm 136:1
Ephesians 1:20
1 Corinthians 10:31
Psalm 90:12
Ezekiel 36:26
Romans 8:15
Hebrews 13:5
Numbers 23:19
2 Timothy 3:16
John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment