Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Listen!


But even as he spoke, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my dearly loved Son, who brings Me great joy. Listen to Him." (Matthew 17:5, NLT)

I was going through my journals and found this entry from January, 2008. My girls were three and four years old at the time. They were such cute toddlers but thankfully, there are no more fights about soap!




Enjoy this flash from the past!

I was giving my girls a shower today. When I wash their hair, I give each of them a little cup of suds from their shampoo to play with. I washed Grace's hair first but forgot to give her suds. As I was washing Mikea's hair, Grace remembered her suds but all the soap had already been rinsed from her hair so I said, "I'll give you soap from Mikea's hair after I wash it." 

Mikea told Grace (under her breath) "This is MY soap." Grace cried out to me "I want some soap!" I said, "I'll give you some soap after I'm done washing Mikea's hair" Mikea was standing in between me and Grace, again Mikea said, (under her breath and in a mean, low tone of voice) "This IS MY soap" Again, Grace cried out and looked up to me, getting a little desperate. She started to cry because she knew I had promised her soap but she was upset that she hadn't received her soap. Gracie said, "I want some soap!!" At this point things accelerated and at the same time Mikea was yelling, "THIS IS MY SOAP!" Grace was looking up to me and screaming, "I WANT SOME SOAP!!"

In a calm voice, I kept repeating to Grace, "Listen to me. Listen to me. Listen to me." I was not concerned w/ discipling Mikea at the time. No, I was concerned that my child listened to what I had promised.
God spoke to my heart and said, "This is the same battle I watch some of my kids fight. Satan lies to them over and over and gets louder and louder. But all my children have to do is listen to me."

Listen to that voice of truth! Listen to His promises! All God's promises are right in His Word. He's already done everything He has to do in order for us to obtain all His promises, listen to Him and receive.  He is the maker of the universe and you!  Trust Him.
"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it."   (John 8:44, NIV)

God's Word plainly tells us the devil is a liar and there is no truth in him.  And he speaks from his own resources.  Consider God's resources!  (Philippians 4:19, Psalm 35:27, Psalm 50:10-12) Everything is His, and He is your Father!  The next time the devil tries to lie to you and tell you that you cannot have something God has already promised you, make the decision to listen to God, our Father!


Father, I pray for every reader today. In the name of Jesus, I declare they immediately recognize and ignore lies and hold fast to Your truth. As they submit their spirit to Your Holy Spirit, I pray they take every thought captive and mediate only on that which is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, whatever is admirable, and everything that is praiseworthy. I pray they meditate on all the good in their lives and none of the negatives they struggle with. I pray they praise and thank You for all the goodness in their lives. I thank You in advance that as they mediate on You and Your Word, the fruit in their lives shine their light so all man sees and glorifies You! Thank You for never lying to us! Thank You for loving us so deeply and for giving us Your promises through Your life changing Word! We love You Lord. We worship and adore You! Thank You for You and thank You for Your Son, King Jesus! 


John 3:16
Hebrews 6:18
John 14:14
2 Corinthians 1:20
2 Corinthians 10:5
Matthew 5:16
Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment