Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trap'n Little Foxes

"Quick! Catch all the little foxes before they ruin the vineyard of your love, for the grapevines are all in blossom." (Song of Solomon 2:15, NLT)

I like herbal tea, I like it a lot. A friend recently stated I am in tea denial so there…I admit my relationship with herbal tea! I have a special herbal tea drawer that so nicely pulls out so I can see all my organized tea leaves at a glance. (No, they aren’t alphabetical, although I have considered that.) My cabinet smells like herbal tea and it makes me happy as deeply inhale when I open the drawer. I don’t use bags. I use loose leaf with a press. I cut (as my close friend has termed it) my own tea drink every day. I am not ashamed and I shall not be moved!

I like to do research. Sometimes, during my herbal tea research I make new discoveries. I find an herb or spice I can add to my tea that is beneficial to health, hair, skin, etc. At times, I have gone overboard with all my cutting and I cut my daily tea so many times that it tastes terrible. What happened? Experience reveals I have gotten too far from the original. Too many different herbs (little foxes) have ruined the taste of my tea (fruit).

I always start with raspberry. It will always be my first herbal tea love. Then I add a pinch of this and a pinch that (different herbs). As long as I stay close to the original, I have good tea. Once I operate too far from the original, I have bad tea…nasty tasting tea.

The same happens when I operate too far from my Original. When I find myself producing bad fruit I realign myself (Matthew 6:33). Then my first love remains intact and I produce much good fruit (John 15:5).

How closely are you operating to The Original?

No comments:

Post a Comment