Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hidden Beneath

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12, NKJV)

We bought a new house last May (2011). We were so excited and everything was brand spank’n new! Mike and I grew up in a lot of lack so to have this home was a huge blessing to us and we wanted to be really good stewards of God’s blessings. We took extra special care of every aspect of our new home.

Our sliding screen door that opens onto our lanai (patio) was very close in color to the outside environment which made it a little bit of a challenge to see when the screen was closed. Over and over, Mike reminded all the kids (ours, friends and neighbors) not walk through the screen door.

Seven months later, after months of successfully not having any children walk through the screen door, Mike walked through the screen door. I was in the kitchen making a salad and he was going to our outside kitchen to check the grill. He didn’t see the screen and walked right through it knocking it off the track and turning him into a screen wrecking ninja! 

When he first walked through it, he didn’t realize what hit him so arms started flailing and the duck and jab commenced! He moved erratically, thrashing about! It was one of the most hilarious scenes I’ve ever witnessed! Days later, I was still telling the screen ninja story and laughing. After all, Proverbs 17:22!

A few days later…I…walked…through…the…screen…door. In one week, every one of us walked through the screen door, Mike, me, both girls, and our dog. Our dog succeeded in making two trips.

As you can probably imagine, by this time, the screen was not quite what it use to be. Mike did a good job repairing it and it still worked; however, the handle was hanging by its side because one of the screws was missing. For weeks, every time I went in or out of the door, I thought to myself, “If I could just find that screw I could fix my door.” I’d make a quick look around on the surface to see if I could find the screw but didn’t really get down close to the ground and look in the cracks.

Today, I used the hose to wash the tile on my lanai. I thought, “Wouldn’t it be great if I found that screw and fixed the door?” I got down low and cleaned every crack and crevice to wash out all the dirt, small rocks and dead grass. In one of the cracks of the tile I found the screw and repaired my door! The screw had been hidden underneath the dirt, small rocks, and dead grass.

At the exact moment I saw the screw, the LORD spoke to my heart and said, “That is what I do. I dig deep in the heart of man, beneath the dirt, small rocks, and dead grass and I find what it takes to repair what has been broken.”

Open up your heart to Him today, let your thoughts and the intent of your heart be on wholeness. If there is any dirt, small rocks, or dead grass hidden in your heart, allow Him to dig beneath. He wants to repair everything that has been broken! Let Isaiah 61:3 rule in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment