Monday, February 20, 2012

But I Thought God Said...

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. (Psalm 84:11)

Last week, my youngest child ran to me and laid her head on my chest. I asked what was wrong. She explained she had hit her head on a cabinet door. I patted her back thinking it was only a little bump when all the sudden I saw blood running down her face, and then more, and then more. Who knew a little head could bleed so much? Trying not to freak out, I walked her to the bathroom to survey the damage.

As I cleaned her head up, through tears she said, “But I thought God said He is our shield.” In her preciousness, I didn’t know if I should smile or cry. I explained, “God’s Word is always truth. It does say He is our shield and it also says obey your parents so that your life will go well for you.” How many times have I asked you to close cabinet doors?” Then we had a quick lesson on the law of physics.

Thankfully, her bump on her head was very small, her confidence in God’s Word remains intact, and I no longer have to remind her to close cabinet doors. {Smiling}

No comments:

Post a Comment