Sunday, February 26, 2012

Distractions

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (Matthew 6:33, NKJV)

Recently, my phone rang. My spirit “hit” me and I knew it was not a good report. I said, “I’m not answering that.” The Holy Spirit said, “Answer it now.” The call was from one of my closest friends who is more than a sister to me. She was extremely upset and told me of a completely wrongdoing against her. It was a very evil, personal attack.

Upon hearing of the situation...I felt as if I had spiritually regressed by 20years...

While on the phone, I kept it together. After speaking the word over her and explaining no matter what, we would walk this out together, I hung up the phone. Immediately, this was the conversation as the battled ensued. 

Flesh: I will rip his face off his head! 
Spirit: Vengeance is mine saith the LORD.
Flesh: You are Him on earth performing His works!
Spirit: Pray for him.
Flesh: OH, ho HO-HO-HO you have GOT to be kidding me?!
Spirit: Prayer always works.
Flesh: You know your hands wanna rip his face off!
Spirit: Even though you (flesh) are A LOT of fun, you are going to have to sit down and shut up. 
Flesh: Think on these things...RIPPING!
Spirit: I take every thought captive. 
Flesh: You are boring…
Spirit: I love Him so I keep His commands.

Ok…this is a slight exaggeration for comedic sake; however, I was so upset I was physically dizzy. The sides of my face felt like I had fallen into cactus needles. And I thought, “Oh man, not that physical sensation stuff again.”

Then condemnation tried to hit. Battle number two..."All these years, you had a forgiveness plan. Someone offends. You pray. God gives you a heart of compassion for them. He shows you why they do what they do. You have immediate victory. HA! Now you want to tear someone’s face apart! Your “plan” no longer works!" 

Me: The plan may not. But the Word always does! One sends a thousand to flight...two, ten thousand! Gotta LOVE God's math! I immediately contacted my pastor and his wife. They prayed over me, commanded all condemnation to flee....it immediately lifted. It had to bow to The Name above all names…King Jesus!  Praise God for pastors who can think fast on their feet and who are only a call away! Who are so full of God’s Word and His Spirit and know what to do, say, and pray! Thank you Pastor Micah and Kristy!

This attack was different that what I had experienced because this offense wasn't a direct hit on me. I was indirectly hurt. A collateral damage stat. Be sober, vigilant, alert (1 Peter 5:8)! For a short time, I fell for the attack. If the enemy cannot get to you, or someone you love, he will try someone to get to someone you love. In this case, unfortunately, the enemy had found the weakest link. A person I love dearly was terribly hurt and I was in full on protective mode.

As I began to piece together what had to be done I battled with several things. My primary concern was forgiveness...as in walk in. Yes. I know that; however, I reasoned (my first mistake) once a murderer confesses to killing someone and asks God for forgiveness they are forgiven. However the laws of the land decide the murderer must fulfill their requirements and be locked away for a time so that they can murder no more. I struggled with how forgiveness and accountability is balanced.

Over the next coming weeks, during prayer, Light Was! God showed me how the enemy used this incident to distract me from Him. As long as I was distracted, I was locked into that distraction instead of being locked into Him. I was locked into trying to find a solution instead of being locked into Him. He further revealed to me the next battle that was about to ensue so that I could stand against it. In an instant, He refocused me.

No matter what strikes the enemy makes, when we seek Him first in all things, He adds all things to us. He is everything we need! Don't be distracted!

No comments:

Post a Comment