Saturday, February 25, 2012

Does He truly love me?

Several years ago, I heard a friend say something that changed my life forever. She said, “There is truly only one attack of the enemy”. I perked up to really focus on what she was about to say because I thought…hey, this is going to simplify my life! If there is only one battle, I can fight one battle! 

She went on to say, the one true battle is this…does God really love me
Light is!

No matter the attack:
  • Spousal cheating
  • Prodigal children
  • Negative doctor’s report
  • Financial crises
  • A friend turning their back

Would God allow this (whatever the current this happens to be) to happen to me if He truly loved me?

Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the LORD delivers him out of them all. (Psalm 34:19, NKJV)

Why do afflictions come? There are many superficial reasons; however, those are created to be distractions. The foundational reason they arise is for the word’s sake (Mark 4:17). 

What does this mean exactly?
  • A spouse may have an affair.
  • A child may get arrested.
  • A doctor’s report may say a disease is imminent.
  • A business deal may go bust.
  • A close friend may end a friendship without explaining why.

They all arise to destroy confidence in God’s Word destroying confidence in Him. He is His Word (John 1:1). When all this “comes home to roost”, at the “end of the day” the question is, “Does God really love me?”

I have a good report today! Yes, God really does love you and I can prove it!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God! (2 Timothy 3:16, NKJV) Now that we’ve established that and His Word is not a compilation of whatever whoever wanted to write, we can establish His truth about love!

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8) 

Now that, my friends, is true love that never fails! 

No comments:

Post a Comment