Sunday, January 15, 2012

Two Plans

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope”. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Last year, Pastor Melissa Harris said something to me that was a light bulb moment. She and I were discussing a matter and I said, “God has a plan.” She responded with, “So does the devil.” That taught me to keep matters in balance and to not exercise one spiritual muscle without exercising the opposing one.

If you have followed my blog this week, you know I ended up in the emergency room right before Christmas. Afterwards, someone said, “Well, sometimes we just don’t know why these things happen and sometimes God just has to spank us to get our attention.” I responded with, “I know exactly why it happened. Emotional issues I had been addressing for months manifested into the physical.”

God didn’t “spank” me and send me to the emergency room. (Isaiah 5:20 and James 3:11)

Some may say I, “Am not living the abundant life because I ended up very sick and in the hospital.” To that, I would respond with, many are the afflictions of the righteous but God delivers them out of them all (Psalm 34:19). I was attacked; however, God delivered me!

Beginning late last summer, I dealt with one heartbreaking issue after another. Once one issue had been addressed and resolved, another arose, wave on wave. This continued into late November. I was in the emergency room in late December…it’s simple “math”.

Dr. Larry Ollison teaches John 10:10 very well.

I have a real enemy.
  • who really wants to steal from me
  • who wants to kill me
  • who wants to destroy me

If the first part of this verse wasn't important, God wouldn’t have included it. (2 Timothy 3:16)

And I’m not my enemy’s favorite, please allow me to elaborate.

You have a real enemy.
  • who really wants to steal from you
  • who wants to kill you
  •  who wants to destroy you

You can probably tell by now, I do not believe in hell and evil as a “concept” but as a real place and a very real driving force.

Praise God who causes me to triumph through Christ (2 Corinthians 2:14), our victory is found in the last part of John 10:10! I like the amplified version best.

I came that they may have and enjoy life,
and have it in abundance,
to the full, till it overflows.

I have a real friend, Jesus!

He came so that I may:
  • Have life!
  • Enjoy life!
  • Have life in abundance!
  • Have life to the full!
  • Have life till it overflows!

You have a real friend, Jesus!

He came so that you may:
  • Have life!
  • Enjoy life!
  • Have life in abundance!
  • Have life to the full!
  • Have life till it overflows!

Please forgive me for the redundancy! I’m very excited about the life Jesus came to give us!

I didn’t repeat the information to fill space. Every time I blog, I work very hard at writing a short blog. Ok…stop, I can hear the cyber laughter! If you have read very many of my posts, you know I rarely have succeeded in that but I really do shoot for it!

I repeated the information because it is my heart’s desire to get “life” deep down in your heart because out of the abundance of our heart, we speak! What we truly believe is what comes out of our mouth. (Matthew 12:34)

This is your life! This is your choice! Which plan will you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment