Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's all about the Bennys!

I have an exciting hot investment tip for you today that has guaranteed returns!
If you get this down in your heart and walk in it, your life will change in all areas of your life beyond anything you can ask or think! How do I know this? Because it happened to me! I first learned this while I was in college and I’ve worked it for over 20 years. It is a tried and true method never failing me yet!

First, let’s lay some ground work.
  • All Scripture is inspired by God
    • His Word is useful to teach us truth (what is right)! (2 Timothy 3:16)
    • Since all scripture (His Word) is inspired by Him (God), it (His Word) is qualified as something we can put our trust (faith/confidence) in.
  • Have faith in God! (Mark 11:22)
    • In other words, have faith in God’s Word.
    • He is His Word. (John 1:1)
Here is how you work it (the hot investment tip)!
  • Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse! (Malachi 3:10)
    • Tithe defined is 10% of the income.
      • Here is an exciting part! Paying tithes literally opens the windows of Heaven! So much, there isn’t enough room to contain it!
  • Offering
    • Offering defined is that which is above the tithe.
    • Giving is a heart condition. A matter of generosity and not as a drudging obligation. (2 Corinthians 9:5, 6)
Oppositions to paying tithes/offerings
  •  But what will they do with my money?
    • Keeping His commands is attached to our obedience not “theirs”.
      • The 10% is not ours.
        • I view it this way. He allows me to hold the 10% until I can place it where He has instructed me (in the storehouse).
        • I’m not at all suggesting you just “throw money in a hole” or at the “evangelist of the hour” you see on television. I’m suggesting you connect with a good bible based, scriptural “storehouse” (church) and invest in God’s Kingdom. (Matthew 6:33 and James 1:5)
  • I can’t afford to tithe/give offerings.
    • Truth is, you can’t afford not to.
      • “Will a man rob God?” (Malachi 3:8)
      • If you haven’t been paying tithes/offerings, how is that working for you?
  • Do I calculate the 10% off the gross or the net and do I include gifts?
    • Here are my suggestions:
      • Pray asking/seeking/knocking. (Matthew 7:7)
      • Be led by the Spirit. (Romans 8:14)
      • He is our Helper (Psalm 121 and James 1:5)
God doesn’t want our money, (Psalm 50:10). He wants our hearts! (Luke 10:27) When you get this down inside you, you won’t be able to stay away from giving! 

Most people have no problem believing He is. Is what? Is God. And is everything His Word says He is. But did you know and do you believe He is a rewarder?

But without faith it is impossible to please Him,
for he who comes to God must believe that He is,
and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
(Hebrews 11:6)

Wow, what a promise! How do we believe He is? We believe in our hearts and confess with our mouth Jesus as Lord and God raised Him from the dead. (Romans 10:9).

How do we believe He is a rewarder? Diligently seek Him and His blessings will overtake us! (Deuteronomy 28:2) He will rebuke the devourer for us(Malachi 3:10) We will prosper and be in good health as our soul prospers! (3 John 1:2) 

What does this kind of prospering mean? I believe it means to prosper in all areas of our lives:
  • Peace of mind
  • Health in our body
  • Loving marriage
  • Rewarding relationships
  • Successful in business
The return on this “investment” is the peace of God which surpasses all understanding! (Philippians 4:7)

If after considering all this, you still don’t believe me…try Him in this! (Malachi 3:10)

Mike and I have made a lot of investments over the past 15 years, in businesses, in stocks, in property, in people. Nothing has ever yielded more precious return than that which we invest in His Kingdom. (Matthew 6:33)

What are you investing in?

Who are you investing in?

How are those returns working for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment