Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Peace Man


Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7)

Early last fall, we didn’t have much peace in our home. Mike and I had been fighting. Our girls had been fighting. For us, fighting seemed to be everywhere. I kept thinking about Philippians 4:7 and thinking, “Where IS the peace?!”

I’m a scripture quote’n, bible tote’n, authority walk’n, Blood believe’n girl but where was the peace that was supposed to guard my heart and mind?! 

I knew I was missing something so I asked God for peace in my home. I didn’t necessarily want or expect to have to do anything but ask. {grin} My thought was…I ask, He hears, I receive, amen! {double grin}

Immediately, He said, “You’ve got some housekeeping to do.”

Oh-ho-ho-ho and OUCH!

You mean, His peace wasn’t guarding my heart and mind because of something I did/failed to do?! …Yup…Gulp…

I (respectfully) said, “Ok so what did I do now?” I knew I had done something, I seriously just didn’t know what. He brought before me every face I was to apologize to and then showed me what I had done to each person. I hadn’t set out to hurt anyone but with my directness and lack of sensitivity I had inadvertently hurt some feelings.

I immediately got busy contacting the people that God had so faithfully shown me (Philippians 4:5) and peace came to my home the same day. Once again, His peace was guarding my heart and mind! Thank You Jesus!

During that time, I had failed to see the first word in Philippians 4:7. Once I noticed the “Then”, my lightening fast mind said, “Read the previous scriptures.” So I did. Then the Holy Spirit prompted me to read the end of Philippians 4:7. “as you live in Christ Jesus”….Ohhhhhh, ok…now I got it!

Which then made me realize perhaps I haven’t been as scripture quoting as I should’ve been, hmmm.

Are you lacking peace? If so, are there some phone calls you need to make? It’s easy and completely worth the effort! 

No comments:

Post a Comment