Tuesday, December 3, 2013

That's My Daddy

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. (Deuteronomy 31:6, NLT)

Sunday, after church, Mike and I went about our normal routine. After church service, he went to the parking lot to get the car while I checked our girls out of children's church. Every week, I get our girls while he drives the car near the entrance to pick us up.

Sunday, our girls and I were walking down the sidewalk when Mike pulled up next to us. When my youngest saw him pulling up and said, "Let's act like we don't see him!" I played along. He pulled up further. She giggled and said, "Let's walk away and keep pretending we don't see him." I continued to play along. We walked. He continued to drive right alongside us. Gracie kept pretending she didn't see him. He slowly drove alongside her the whole time, just watching and waiting for her to respond to him.

 After several minutes I said, "What if he just gives up on you and drives away?" She looked at me with the most shocked look I have ever seen on her face and said, "Oh he would NEVER do that, that's MY Daddy! MY Daddy would NEVER give up on me!" He kept slowly driving beside her and she kept playing the game. She continued ignoring him when he suddenly honked the horn. When he honked the horn, she answered and happily jumped in the car. Game over. 

In an instant, the Holy Spirit showed me how I had played the same game with my Heavenly Father. I pretended I "didn't see Him", I walked away so many times. I ignored Him for years and I surrounded myself with people who played along. Somehow I always knew in my spirit that He was always there, and would always be there right alongside me. 

One day, my Father "honked the horn", I finally answered, and life has never been the same. I don't play games anymore, I try to always be ready and willing to jump in when He "honks"! 


Join me today, let's answer Him by making the following confession out loud: 

Father, in the name of Jesus, we position ourselves to hear You. We declare no games, no pretending, and no ignoring. Please teach us how to be one with Your Spirit on a deeper level! Thank You for speaking to us through Your Word. Thank You for calling us and thank You for moving on our hearts to answer! You and Your love is beyond description. Thank You for You, thank You for Your Son, thank You for Your Holy Spirit, and thank You for Your live giving, life changing Word!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment