Saturday, December 21, 2013

I Immediately had a Very Freaky Thought

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. (Colossians 3:16, NKJV)

We have several bibles at our house. I refer to them “real bibles”. Bibles with pages and maps and commentary. Bibles where I can highlight and take notes. I really like my “real” bible.

But like so many, it became convenient for me to use my electronic bible at church/bible studies, etc. I already had my phone with me so I wasn’t carrying anything “extra". I easily made the transition from “real” bible to electronic bible.

Today, I was chatting with one of my best friends via text and we were discussing scripture. I popped open my handy dandy bible app so that I could copy/paste the scripture to her but my bible app was unavailable. 

I immediately had a very freaky thought. There are currently allegations of being "locked out" of social media regarding a current freedom of speech “hot topic” and the IRS can “freeze” assets, could we ever be completely locked out of God’s Word?

Then I had an amazing thought, we let the word of Christ dwell richly! To many of us, God’s Word is everything. We cannot imagine living without God’s Word. We delight in His Word, meditating on it day and night! (Psalm 1:2) We keep God’s Word upon our hearts, we diligently teach them to our children, we talk of His Word when we walk on our way, when we go to sleep, and when we get up! (Deuteronomy 6:6-7) LORD, thank You for Your Word for it is life and it is healing! (Proverbs 4:22) 




No comments:

Post a Comment