Monday, November 25, 2013

Friends Don't Let Friends Live Life in Secrets

The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught. (John 14:26-27, MSG)

There are three things about the above scripture that I want you to keep in mind while reading today's blog post:
  1. Jesus said it. (Can it get any better than that?)
  2. The Holy Spirit is our FRIEND (Perfect, Heavenly Friend not to be confused or tainted by our past experiences with some of the imperfect friends we've had/have or have been/are.)
  3. He is SENT BY OUR FATHER at the REQUEST of JESUS. (Dude.)
  4. He makes EVERYTHING PLAIN TO US. ("Everything" in the Greek is every thing.)
  5. Plain (Meaning, "As plain as the nose on one's face.)
Yes, I know that is five things...I got carried away in that phenomenal passage! Back to our study. Friends, God is NOT keeping secrets from us! His secrets are FOR us. God is love. Love is not secretive!

Have you ever heard 1 Corinthians 2:9 preached with a fiery thundering voice while leaving verse ten completely unmentioned? 

1 Corinthians 2:9 tells us, 'That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." 

Yes, that verse is completely true; however, let's not forget verse 10: "these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God." (1 Corinthians 2:10)

I repeat, "Friends, God is NOT keeping secrets from us! His secrets are FOR us. God is love. Love is not secretive!"

I recently read a quote from Andrew Wommack, "The truths of God are hidden for His children, not from them. The Holy Spirit has been instructed to teach us all things (Jn. 14:26) and has given us an unction so that we will know all things (1 Jn. 2:20). We only have to appropriate what is ours."

Lest I point out:
  • hidden FOR not FROM
  • instructed to teach us ALL things
  • APPROPRIATE what is OURS
I am a friend and I have really great, true friends. I am ABUNDANTLY BLESSED in the "friend department" beyond anything I could ever ask beyond my wildest imaginations! (Ephesians 3:20) And my imagination is pretty far out! 

I have complete confidence in my friends that if they were to become privy to even the slightest information that would help me in any way, financially, spiritually, emotionally, regarding my health and in my relationships, (In other words, all areas of my life.) my friends would never keep that information from me. No! I'd get a call or a text so fast it could quite possibly burn up cyberspace! Likewise, if my friends learned of something or someone who intended to harm me, said harmer better "pack a lunch" because my fiends would be a force to be reckoned with. Ever heard the phrase, "Mack Truck" and "Train Wreck"? Yep, my friends are THAT good. 

All that being said, how much more, will a perfect Father (Matthew 7:11) insure "all our bases are covered"?

This is the third and last time I will say this. Friends, God is NOT keeping secrets from us! His secrets are FOR us. God is love. Love is not secretive! Would we as parents (or friends) keep secrets from our children (or friends)? How much more, our perfect Father will not keep anything hidden from us!

Take time every day, call out to Him and listen to Him. He knows of great and mighty things He desires to show you! (Jeremiah 33:3)




In the name of Jesus, Father I pray for every reader today to gain a deeper revelation of godly friendships who operate in godly counsel. And a deeper revelation of hearing Your voice for themselves through Your written Word. And a deeper revelation of Your perfect love. Father I thank You and praise You for the friends You bless me with. They are priceless,  speaking words of life in due season like apples of gold on beds of silver! All glory and honor to Your name! Thank You for the Kingdom Principles You have put into place for protecting us and thank You for giving us a Perfect Friend who guides us into all Truth! You are so awesome, You are beyond description! We love You LORD!





Proverbs 25:11
Matthew 6:33
John 16:13


No comments:

Post a Comment