Monday, December 9, 2013

Modern Day Miracles

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:23, NKJV)


My family and I have a constant habit of thanking God for giving His angels charge over us and thanking Him that they keep us in all our ways. (Psalm 91:11) Every time it comes to our remembrance, we simply say, "Father, in the name of Jesus, we thank You for giving Your angels charge over us, they keep us in all our ways.” Today, I believe my girls and I witnessed a miracle in our kitchen. 

Saturday, we spent our morning at the local farmer’s market. We purchased various fruits and veges. As part of our homeschooling day today, we chopped fruit and vegetables, talk about fractions, prepared our lunch and dinner, and prepared the remaining food for freezing to be used later in smoothies.






I used my large butcher knife to cut our pineapple for breakfast. I cut off the top, the bottom, and then the outer sides. 


I stuck the knife in the top of the pineapple in order to cut the pineapple off the core. 









When I tried to push the knife into the pineapple, my hand slipped off the handle and onto the blade all the way to the tip. The knife is half as thick as my hand at minimum.








I gasped. My children gasped. My hand really hurt. I froze trying to make a plan of what to do. My (very upset) middle child said, “What do I do? What do I do?” I said, “I don’t know right now."

After a few seconds I decided to survey the damage. I slowly opened my hand and there was no blood. I said thank You Jesus! Keep in mind, the outside of the pineapple is way harder than my skin. The knife had just cut the outer sections of the pineapple. 

Now, what you are about to read will seem so far fetched for some but keep in mind, Jesus said, “Anything is possible if a person believes.” (Mark 9:23, NLT) There was a very distinct white line where the knife had gone down completely across width of the palm of my hand. Before my eyes, I saw the white line turn red, and then I watched almost all of the red line disappear. It was like watching something in a movie. True story. 

I started thanking Jesus! I said, "Thank You Jesus! Thank You Jesus!" 

My girls said, “What?! What?!!” My youngest was fighting back tears and said, “Mommy!! Are you okay??!” I said, “Look what the LORD has done girls!” and I showed them my hand!

Until today, I had never realized how much I really like my right hand and how grateful I am for full use of it! Currently, my hand is tender but by bedtime, I’m sure it will be back to normal. 

My ten year old pointing out 
the slight red mark waiting to heal.



Father! Thank You more now than ever for Your Word being true! Thank You for continually deepening our revelation of Your Word! When we speak what You speak, we are protected, we are saved, we are delivered! Every word we say, MATTERS! Thank You for teaching us the importance of our words, thank You for teaching us the importance of refusing to waver, and to keep our words lined up with Your words to produce life in excessive abundance! Thank You for protecting my hand! Thank You for giving Your angels charge over us, they keep us in all our ways! 



  • Every word of God proves true; He is a shield to those who take refuge in him. (Provers 30:5)
  • I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope He has given to those He called—His holy people who are His rich and glorious inheritance. (Ephesians 1:18)
  • The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. (Psalm 18:2)
  • But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement. (Matthew 12:36)
  • The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows). (John 10:10, AMP)
  • Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:23, NKJV)
  • For He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. (Psalm 91:11, KJV)


*** Disclaimer: The above middle pictures were staged after the incident to give a visual. The knife in the third picture is slightly turned to show the width of the blade. This picture is slightly different than where my hand slid down the blade.








2 comments:

  1. Praise the LORD! We had just talked about your very sharp knife set a few weeks ago! That was a true blue Miracle of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so good and His mercy endures forever!

    ReplyDelete