Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Wait Patiently Upon the LORD

Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD. (Psalm 27:14, NLT)

God has given me two of the most precious little granddaughters, Caley and Eden. They are very sweet natured, giving, and loving. (Proverbs 22:6)

Last weekend, Eden (five years old) did a quick survey of the gifts currently under the Christmas tree and discovered there were no gifts with her name on them. She took her concern to her mother and the conversation was overheard by her older sister, Caley (nine years old).

Three days later, Caley decided to take matters into her own hands. She took some of her own money, made an envelope, and put it under the tree so that her sister would have a gift under the tree because she didn’t want her sister to have to wait any longer.


I'm sure we can all agree, this is one of the cutest things ever!


I haven’t talked to Caley about this situation but I am sure she knows (through experience) her parents are going to insure gifts are under the tree for her sister when timing allows. 

I have information that Caley and Eden doesn’t have...Eden's already has gifts. They are hidden and waiting for a specific time. Their parents have already provided. (Daniel 10:12)

Caley acted with a giving heart and pure motives but once I learned what she had done, it occurred to me I have:
  • decided I waited long enough for my Father to provide and took matters into my own hands. 
  • waited a "few days" for my Father to provide and decided it was an acceptable length of time to wait, and I “provided” instead of waiting on Him.
  • jumped the gun and provided for someone and then wondered how I “came up short” and realized waiting on my Father to provide for them would’ve yielded  a much larger blessing...for both of us. 
  • been a Champion Rescue Ranger and do something to change situations myself in my life (or the life of someone else) which instead, created a setback.
All those times were birthed out of a giving heart and pure motives but God is God. (Deuteronomy 10:17) I am not God. Wisdom waits patiently for the LORD. (Psalm 27:14) God has a plan, a perfect plan. Part of that perfect plan includes His perfect timing...not our timing. His ways are higher than our ways. (Isaiah 55:8-9)  

It is true that God uses us as part of His plan but wisdom is being led by His Spirit (Galatians 5:16-17) and doesn’t interfere with, delay, or interrupt His plan. Being a “Champion Rescue Ranger” doesn’t help us or the person we set out to rescue. As we practice waiting on Him, and being one with Him, we will wait when it is in His timing to wait and we will provide when it is in His timing to provide. Sometimes, “in the wait” is where we grow, change, and draw closer to Him. We do not want to skip that critical step.         

God has information we don't have. He already has gifts for us and they are good and perfect, hidden and waiting on His perfect timing!  (James 1:5) 


Father, thank You for Your perfect plan for our lives and thank You for Your perfect timing. Your Word says, if we lack wisdom, all we have to do is ask You for wisdom. Right now, in the name of Jesus, please give us the wisdom to know when to wait and when to act. Our heart’s desire is to give and to help and to encourage but most of all, we want to stay in alignment with Your perfect timing. Every day, help us become more and more like You!





Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. (Provers 22:6, NKJV)

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9, NKJV)

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. (Romans 8:14, NLT)

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28, NLT)

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. (Romans 8:14, NLT)

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5, NKJV)





No comments:

Post a Comment