Friday, December 13, 2013

Feathers

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. (John 15:5, NKJV)


My husband and I are bird hunters. It's a sport we enjoy together. Some couples enjoy romantic comedies, we prefer hunting. We have a lot of fun hunting together, God provided a really great bird dog for us, and we are grateful for the ability to provide free range meat for our family. 

This morning, as I was about sit down to answer emails, I caught something out if the corner of my eye. It was a feather blowing around on my tile. I watched it for a second as it swayed and swirled. Then something occurred to me. Every week, I often see feathers in my house which is tangible proof we are bird hunters.

We also have tangible proof as born again believers in Jesus. Good fruit. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)

Apart from Him we can do nothing. Abiding in Him, we can do much.


Please make the following confession with me out loud:

I abide, dwell, remain, sit, stay in You Jesus and I bear much good fruit! Everyone who comes into contact with me is loved with Your kind of love, desires Your supernatural joy in me, is changed by Your peace in me, witnesses long-suffering as I deal with matters, is handled with Your type of kindness, sees Your goodness in me, is changed by Your faithfulness in me, is treated with gentleness, and is matured by Your self control in me. Thank You for teaching me how to abide in You! Thank You for Your grace that supernaturally enables me to superabound in everything You have called me to do and to be!




2 Corinthians 12:9
Romans 4:17
2 Corinthians 9:8


No comments:

Post a Comment