Monday, December 12, 2011

This blog is dedicated to three amazing women that God has placed in my life.

Thank you, Gwen Payne. For walking me through the most difficult blog I’ve ever written. Thank you for your wisdom, guidance and sensitivity. When others said I couldn't do it because of the difficulty, you loved me through it. But most of all, thank you for walking out Galations 6:9 before my very eyes over the last several years in everything you do.

Thank you, Tammy Canada. For always loving me over the past twenty six years for who I am at whatever season of life I’m currently walking through. I’ve changed a lot since we first met but your love for me never has. Your heart full of love is beyond anything I could ever ask or think.

Thank you, Cortni Needles. For your loyalty, commitment and encouragement that is completely unfailing. You are a city on a hill.

I'm so grateful to God for you.

During a recent discussion with Gwen, she told me about research she had discovered about "The Twelve Days of Christmas". It is a cumulative song, meaning that each verse is built on top of the previous verses. There are twelve verses, each describing a gift given by "my true love" on one of the twelve days of Christmas.

I believe Christmas is a great time to blog about family and overcoming adversity; however, this blog grew into much more than a quick read. As a result, we decided it best to divide it up into blogs which build on the one before and reveals layers of gifts of deliverance, healing, forgiveness, love, from my true love, the Father. Each gift of deliverance, healing, forgiveness and love increases my spiritual, emotional and physical growth into the full stature of the measure of the fullness of God. (Ephesians 1:23). Thank God for progress!

Out of my conversation with Gwen, The 12 Days of Love was born. God is love. (1 John 4:8) Many are the afflictions of the righteous but He delivers us out of them all. (Psalm 34:19) His love never fails. Over the next twelve days, we will post a blog about how God has walked me through who I am today. It is divided into twelve sections making it easier to digest.

We pray this will be your Merriest Christmas ever, Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment