Saturday, December 31, 2011

Joy and Roller Coaster Rides...Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Roller Coasters have always been my favorite theme park ride. I remember the way I felt when seeing a roller coaster for the very first time! Where else can we strap ourselves in, (legally) go that fast, flip upside down, come to a screeching halt, without requiring an emergency room visit?

What is so exciting about roller coasters? For me, it is the joy they bring! I’m not sure makes me more joyful. The pictures while on the ride or the ride itself! Can’t you see all the joy on my face in the picture below?


Yes, I know the picture is sideways...kinda gives it that roller coaster effect!

I declare 2012 to be full of more joy! I am so excited about this year! I know God is working things together for our good because He takes pleasure in prospering us as our soul prospers! (Romans 8:28, Psalm 35:27, 3 John 1:2) This year, I will pursue more joy!

What is joy? Joy defined by Strong’s concordance is glee, exceedingly, gladness, fullness, pleasure, rejoicing. Ok, now I’m set! Here’s my plan:
  • Imitate Him! (Ephesians 5:1)
  • Be stronger! (Nehemiah 8:10)
  • Trust Him! (Psalm 5:11)
  • Be in His presence! (Psa 16:11)
  • Shout! (Psalm 32:11)
  • Be a counselor of peace! (Proverbs 12:20)
Even the angels rejoice! (Luke 15:10) As for me and my house, we’re going to rejoice more in 2012!

The LORD our God, the Mighty One, is in our midst! He rejoices over us with singing! (Zephaniah 3:17). He rejoices over us with singing! That give me a headstart!

I pray this is your most joyful year ever!

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment