Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Few of my BFFs

Today I discovered I am a gadget girl. I never really thought of myself as such until a friend laughed at me for buying Christmas presents for Ms. Martha, my Roomba. She totally deserves new brushes, rollers and filters for Christmas. (My Roomba...not Kate, my laughing friend...love ya Katester! Ok...if Kate wants a brush, I will buy her one.) I've already placed Ms. Martha's order. Her gifts are on their on their way.

Ms. Martha is one of my BFFs because:
  • She's always there when I need her.
  • She makes my life easier.
  • When she needs help (gets stuck, sucks up something or needs charging) she says what she means and means what she says by very nicely and quickly pinpointing the problem and asking for help.
  • She cleans my floors.
Another of my gadgets is my new Dyson. It is so cool. It is sleek and yellow and cleans baseboards like nobodies business. It even sounds cool as I'm connecting its attachments. I like clean baseboards. Prior to my Dyson, I cleaned my white baseboards while down on my hands and knees using a baby wipe. No more, the ball dude is a genius! I wonder what he wants for Christmas.
My BFF list would not be complete without my Vitamix! I drink fruit/vege/herbal/seed/berry smoothies at least once a day. Throw enough berries in a Vitamix and you can mask the flavor of anything! What a great way to "hide" nutritional food that may be hard to swallow. No pun intended.
The newest member on my list is my Shark Steam Cleaner. It cleans...AND...disinfects...at the same time! It makes my floors look brand new. I can feel the disinfecting power as the steam rises...exhilarating!
Then there is my Temperpedic. After a full day of home school, running my girls to their extra cirricular classes and completing all my other duties as assigned...my Temperpedic really helps me rest well. When we bought it I wondered if it would be as good as people say it is. If you've ever wondered that...wonder no more! It is beyond everything people say it is!
Last on my list is my iPad which has a really cool cover. Not all covers are created equal. My iPad is light, portable, does almost everything that my laptop does plus...let's me pin like a professional. If you don't know what pinning is, ask...then follow me so I can follow you...PINquiring minds need to know. Thanks April!
I haven't actually named any of my gadgets, except Ms Martha. And I haven't bought any of them Christmas gifts except her. I didn't want too get weird {tee hee hee}.
Those who know me are probably wondering why my Canon EOS 7d didn't make my BFF list. That...my friends...would be because it deserves a blog of its own. If you have one, you understand. Nuff...said.
My gadgets, specifically Ms. Martha, really made me think about Proverbs 18:24. A man who has friends must himself be friendly.
I'm going to show myself friendly this Christmas season by:
  • Being available when my friends need me.
  • Making my friend's lives easier.
  • Asking for help if I need it.
  • Saying what I mean and meaning what I say.
  • And if needed, I will clean some floors.
Mele Kalikimaka!

3 comments:

  1. HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRED AND INSPIRING! I love this! I saw a quote (and posted it) that Reba McIntyre said one has to have a "wish"bone (As for me, I change it to 'faith'bone!), a backbone and a funnybone. This is perfect with all three!!! This is "out of the box" insightful! And, for the record ;-) You have done all you say for me, & don't ever worry about my floors...! LOL! Love you! PS

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Oops... PS went B4 don't worry about my floors! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie, thank you for helping teach me to be a true friend...love you! PS (It's cuter that way!)

    ReplyDelete