Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Difficult Dollar Bill

God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Numbers 23:19, NKJV)

Today, my girls came and asked to borrow my tweezers. A request that made me raise an eyebrow so I further investigated prior to handing the tweezers off. They saw a dollar bill stuck in a soda machine.

They had dug, pulled, used a stick, going to great lengths to get this dollar bill out of the machine. Finally, using the tweezers, they were able to retrieve the dollar.

I was a little shocked at how hard (and how long) they worked to get the dollar bill out of the machine. They worked for about half an hour before they got the victory!

The reason I was shocked at their tenacity in this instance was because, they had no guarantee they could get the dollar out of the machine. If not watchful, they could have torn the dollar. Or just not been able to retrieve the dollar after all their time invested.

Another reason I was shocked is because, they could have worked and been paid more than a dollar in half an hour. If they worked, their money would have been guaranteed. All they had to do, is ask for work and worked as per our agreement.

As I was shaking my head trying to process why they would go about earning a dollar the hard way, the LORD gently spoke to my spirit and said, “That is how some of my kids operate in their lives. They work and strive at something in the world that is not guaranteed instead of just abiding in Me, I am My Word, I am a sure thing. I always guarantee My Word. I cannot lie.”

Kingdom principles are guaranteed. When we take God's word and "work it" staying in agreement with God, our results are guaranteed.


Lord, please forgive us when we prefer the world's way of operating over abiding in You and Your Word. Thank You for prospering Your Word where You send it! Thank You for the life producing fruit that Your Word brings! Thank You for never lying! Thank You for never changing Your mind! Thank You for never failing to act when You speak! Thank You for always fulfilling Your promises! You are a good God and only good comes from You! All glory, honor, and praise to You Father! You. Are. So. Worthy!



Isaiah 55:11
John 1:1
Numbers 23:19
James 4:2
Psalm 100:5


No comments:

Post a Comment