Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tsunami, 10/12

Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. (Mark 4:39, NLT)

October 27, 2012 was a very busy day for us. We woke up early, made the 45 minute drive to Kohala and spent the day at the swim meet finals. Once finals were over, we returned home to do laundry and pack. We were leaving for our trip to the mainland the next day. We were ahead  of schedule and things are going so well when all of the sudden...I heard the Tsunami siren. 

Hoping it wasn't...I asked Mike' "Is that the tsunami siren?" 
Knowing it was, He said, "I think it may be." 

I got angry, personally, I hate demonic activity. Tsunamis are not an "act of God".
(James 1:17, John 10:10

And I don't really like the sound of the tsunami sirens! I think they should be changed from that blasting, screaming sound to a nice, calm, granny voice...saying something like, "Aloha, this is your friendly tsunami Tutu siren, sweetly advising you to calmly prepare to evacuate." See? Isn't that much nicer? Besides that, did I mention, we were leaving for vacation the next day? And I refused to be robbed of my vacation! 

I digress, please forgive me. 

Mike began gathering information as I began to speak, "Peace, be still !" to myself. As one can ascertain, I needed it!

I started to get some things together, preparing to evacuate.  I could feel myself getting tense. I was so tired from our long day and had so much to do, laundry/pack for our trip/clean the house...plus, we were leaving for vacation the next day...I didn't have time for, nor was I in the mood for, an evacuation! My list of things to do did not include stopping what I was doing to organize an evac! Mike walked up to me and said, "I know you don't like chaos but we are going to work all this out." Then he gave me a good plan. He is so akamai! 

Mikea, my nine year old, came and said, "Momma, I know God did not give me a spirit of fear but I'm feeling a little fearful right now." I was able to console her by explaining we were all together,  we were safe, we had a plan and by speaking, "Peace, be still!"

Mike and I decided to walk the dog and reevaluate the evacuation order in 1/2 hour. While we were walking, we continued to speak to the storm and say, "Peace, be still!"

On our walk, we were approached by three different families in our neighborhood who were vacationing and not familiar with our area. We were able to tell them where the evacuation route was, where to wait, when they would most likely be allowed to return and calm them by speaking, "Peace, be still."

We finished our walk, went back home, re-evaluated and being led by the Spirit, decided not to evacuate while still speaking, "Peace, be still!"

The Pacific Tsunami Center projected the first wave in Hilo to reach seven feet and increase from there. Typically, it is the third wave that is the highest as the wave gains momentum. However, when the first wave hit Hilo, it measured at eight inches. A direct result of  faith filled believers standing in agreement speaking, "Peace, be still."


 Luke 10:19
John 14:12
Hebrews 4:12











1 comment:

  1. I apologize, this is incomplete. I'm still experiencing posting issues with this site. I will update as quickly as possible. MAHALO!

    ReplyDelete