Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Father


But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:12-13, NLT)

Today is Thanksgiving. All month, my friends and I have been daily posting all we are thankful for on Facebook. Today, I am thankful for all my girls (all 5 of them). Each child is fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14) Each child teaches me different life lessons.

I am blessed by each child individually as each one ministers to my heart in a way only they each can. (Psalm 103:1)

So is my Father!

When my children bicker and verbally attack one another,  my heart is deeply hurt. (James 4:1)

So is my Father's...

I know each child's voice. (John 10:27)

So Does My Father!

When one of my children walk up behind me and wrap their arms around my waist giving me a big bear hug, I know which child it is without looking. I know each individual child's hug. I know each individual child's love. (1 John 4:7)

So Does My Father!

When one of my children are tired, and they lay down with me and put their head on my shoulder, they know they can rest peacefully on me. (Matthew 11:28) I've shown them they are safe with me. (Psalm 91:2)

So has my Father!

When one of my children are hurt, that one voice among many on a playground rises above all other voices when they cry out.  I can hear my child's voice in a crowd of children. (1 John 5:14-15)

So can My Father!

When one of my children operate with a thankful heart, I hear their thankful heart speak through their words, attitude, and their lives. (Psalm 100:4, NKJV)

So Does My Father!



This Thanksgiving Holiday, I pray over each reader right now, let everything we think, say, and do...glory Him who sent us, in the precious name of King Jesus!
Happy Thanksgiving! 






Psalms 103:1
Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!

James 4:1
Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members?

John 10:27
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

1 John 5:14-15
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Psalms 91:2
I will say of the Lord, “ He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”















2 comments:

  1. This was a blessing to me! Thank you for always writing from your beautiful heart! I needed those scriptures today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahalo Nui loa for your wonderful encouragement and support! Everything that you set your hand to prospers!

    ReplyDelete