Thursday, November 8, 2012

Life Changing!


Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you. (Luke 6:38, NKJV)

Tuesday, I was given the amazing opportunity to volunteer at SpiritFM during their annual fundraiser, Days of Glory.

I started listening to SpiritFM in 2005 when my family initially moved to the Lake of the Ozarks. We had moved to a new town and I had not had time to make new friends. I was home alone all day with an infant and a toddler.

We attended Walk on Water Faith Church and someone mentioned the Christian Radio Station, SpiritFM who advertises they are “Life Changing Radio”. I tuned in and immediately found that to be true.

The transition from Hawaii to Missouri was a very difficult one for me. Some days, without family and friends near, the days at home with two little ones could be very long. Some days, there was a lot of crying going on…some days, that crying was mine!

I was at a turning point in my life. I had just truly began to understand relationship over religion and I had many questions regarding faith. I started playing SpiritFM 24/7. It was this radio station and their staff who helped feed me spiritually during that transition. God mightily used SpiritFM to change my life. During the day and oftentimes during the night while awake with one or both of my little ones, a phrase from a song, or a teaching, or something a SpiritFM DJ would say strongly impacted me. The staff and volunteers at SpiritFM became my friends and family, a source of support and encouragement.

As my children, grew an amazing thing happened. They quoted what they heard on SpiritFM! They repeated the songs and pretended to be SpiritFM disk jockeys!

Once I saw the impact of this radio station on me, my husband and my little girls, we started playing SpiritFM on our boat dock through outside speakers so we could plant good seeds in boaters! Everyone who drove their boat past our house heard SpiritFM, day and night!

We also started playing SpiritFM at our business locations and witnessed amazing changes. One employee in particular, was going through a very difficult time. He had been on antidepressants for years. After listening to SpiritFM for 8-10 hours per day, he started saying things like, “I am blessed and God bless you!” Soon thereafter, he was taken off the antidepressants! He often told me how having a workplace playing SpiritFM for their customers and employees really blessed and changed his life!

After witnessing the positive impact of SpiritFM on my family and those around me, Mike and I decided it was time for us to give back. We made a pledge to financially support SpiritFM. Our initial pledge was $15.00 per month, which at the time, we thought would be a challenge because we had moved a family of four from Hawaii, started a new business and had just built a new house. But, you know what? God was always faithful to provide the amount of the pledge and even more. SpiritFM is a ministry we believe in because we see the fruit in our lives as well as the lives of everyone who listens.

SpiritFM sows into our lives in a powerful way. In return, we sow into SpiritFM who is not just a Christian radio station but also available for teachings, prayer and encouragement. It’s a true partnership!

Even though we have moved away from the Lake area, we continue to listen to and support SpiritFM via their website at www.spiritfm.org.

Please do me a huge favor. Listen to SpiritFM at their website and consider making a pledge to support them. I believe as you give, it will be given unto you good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom!



No comments:

Post a Comment